Warehouse Coordinator/Van Driver
Reporting to: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Midlands; Nottingham
Some travel may be required to other locations.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week,
Salary: £ 18,895 per annum
About FareShare Midlands
FareShare Midlands is the region’s largest food redistribution charity, fighting food poverty and hunger by tackling waste. We source good quality food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute this food to 550 frontline charities such as school breakfast clubs, community centres and organisations supporting those who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated and recovering from addiction. These organisations provide meals and food parcels to more than 35,000 vulnerable people every week.
The role of the Warehouse coordinator/Van Driver, will be to work on the ground, setting up the delivery schedules with the members and working closely with the wider Fareshare team & suppliers. The coordinator will be a working role, driving vans & FLTs whilst also helping lead the warehouse activity supporting a team of volunteers
- Communication & Leadership
- To work closely with the volunteer teams – a diverse group ranging from regular and long-term volunteers, placements (e.g. Job Centre) to business people having just a 1-day volunteering experience – to ensure that all shift duties are covered and teams work effectively
- To work closely with the Supervisor & wider staff team with the recruitment, training and development of volunteers in the context of our commitment to Equal Opportunities
- To participate in end of day reviews and planning for the next day’s activities
- To work to performance indicators so that stock is accurate and delivery routes are efficient to allow the organisation to grow
- To ensure that all work areas – both inside and outside the warehouse - are clean, organised and safe to work in
- Undertake van driving duties to ensure effective, efficient timely and safe delivery & collection of food, in line with compliance standards (when needed)
- Ensuring great customer service in delivery
- Loading and unloading, sorting for and following deliveries, ensuring safe lifting and carrying
- Keep vehicles refuelled, maintained, operational and clean and tidy, ready for the next delivery run
- Refer van “issues”, in a timely manner to Warehouse Team Leader to ensure minimum disruption to service delivery
- Undertake all checks and procedures from pre-delivery to post-delivery
- Ensure lock up, parking and storage of vans and equipment following completion of deliveries
- To ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and other standards applicable to the building, vehicles, refrigeration equipment, our staff and volunteers, carrying out risk assessments as required
- To uphold and develop high quality customer care towards & communication with our Community Food Members (CFMs)
- To ensure that food movements are accurately logged on the electronic stock management system
- To carry out depot administration, including running reports, correspondence with member groups, updating volunteer records
- To ensure that relevant administrative matters are dealt with in a timely way, for instance food safety traces & customer complaints.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be flexible, dedicated to the values & objectives of the pilot and above all excellent at problem solving and communication to all stakeholders
Essential Experience (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment, preferably with food
- Experience of working with individuals who may feel vulnerable or need support
- No major endorsements on licence such as DR, DG or IN. Successful candidates will have a full clean UK driving licence (6 points or less will be considered)
- Previous multi-drop experience is preferred however not essential.
- Also the role requires manually loading stock into a van (up to 20/30kg) and unload each delivery
- A good geographical knowledge of the County and surrounding area would be helpful.
Personal Qualities (Desirable)
- Excellent, clear and proactive communication skills, both internal and with external stakeholders
- Team working skills, including both the ability to delegate and to develop people with a positive approach
- Good organisational skills including attention to detail, an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines working with own team
- All round good health and ability to do physically demanding work at times
- A positive and creative attitude in support of our FareShare & partner’s values
- A motivation to collaborate with and develop others, with a demonstrable commitment to Equal Opportunities
- A flexible work approach, including a willingness to cover alternative shift rotas
- Driving license
- IT literacy, in particular of using Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word)
- Sound numeracy skills
- Qualifications in Food Hygiene, Health & Safety as it applies to food distribution (or if not it is essential that you have the commitment to training in these areas)
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit a supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability and to explain your interest in both the job and FareShare Midlands with your CV.
We particularly welcome applications from those of a black and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as BAME people are currently under-represented within FareShare Midlands.
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight Sunday 19 December 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing 20 December 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.