Community Co-ordinator (Contract)
Field Based (with travel throughout East Anglia)
Are you a confident communicator with exceptional relationship-building skills? Could you use your enthusiasm and passion to unite charities and retailers in the fight against food poverty? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
Together with Irish social enterprise FoodCloud, we have created FareShare Go, an app that connects charities with retailers who have free surplus food that would otherwise go to waste. Since launching this scheme, we’ve connected over 7,500 charities with over 2,700 stores, which has resulted in countless meals for communities across the country.
Our ambition is to roll out this valuable service to all retailers across the UK and Ireland. As such, we’re looking for a Community Co-ordinator to join us and support the success of FareShare Go in East Anglia. This is a fixed-term contract until the 1st March 2021.
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
- Expenses paid
- Travelcard loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
This is a great opportunity to join a talented team who are passionate about relieving food poverty, reducing waste and helping vulnerable people across the UK and Ireland.
We’ll provide you with great training and support; all you need to bring are your incredible relationship-building skills and your drive to help create real change.
We are helping charities working on the frontline to tackle the cause, not just the symptoms, of food poverty. If you think you could help us in our mission, apply now.
As a Community Co-ordinator, you will support the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme.
Covering the East Anglia territory, you will increase awareness of FareShare Go and the ways in which we can benefit charities and retailers who participate in the programme.
You’ll make sure that new and existing programme participants understand the amazing work they’re doing by taking part and ensure that the needs of retailers and charities alike are met.
Additionally, you will:
- Visit new charities who are joining the programme, as well as existing members
- Forge positive relationships with retailers to maximise the amount of charities they reach
- Advise charities on how they can increase their capacity, so they can take on more food and help even more people
- Handle any issues in a sensitive and diplomatic manner
- Build relationships with colleagues in your region and outside of your immediate network
- Support activities at our Regional Centre when required
To join us as a Community Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with a range of stakeholders
- The proven ability to create links across teams to share best practice
- Great communication skills and the confidence to engage with a range of audiences
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexibility regarding your working arrangements as the role may involve UK travel
- A valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Level 2 or 3 Food Safety training would be beneficial, as would experience of data analysis and project planning. Experience with a CRM system, such as Salesforce, would be an advantage, as would a degree level qualification or previous experience in a similar role.
Other organisations may call this role Community Engagement Co-ordinator, Partnerships Officer, Food Poverty Prevention Co-ordinator, Community Partnerships Officer, Charity Partnerships Co-ordinator, or Community Services Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 14th April 2020.
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to help us continue our amazing work as a Community Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.