Fundraising Communications Officer
Deptford, London (home based currently)
If you are a creative marketing or communications professional with a talent for storytelling, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your career with a charity that’s making a lasting social and environmental impact.
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an even greater need for our work. During this time, we’ve trebled the amount of food distributed to support vulnerable people.
Delivering impactful storytelling and communications is more crucial than ever to help us retain existing donors and attract new ones. As such, we’re looking for a Fundraising Communications Officer to join us on a full-time basis.
- Salary of up to £33,000 per annum
- Travelcard loans (if required)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
This is a brilliant opportunity to join our dynamic Fundraising Team and tell compelling stories that inspire people to act and help us to feed families across the nation.
COVID-19 has made day-to-day life even harder for vulnerable people, but we are passionate about our cause and overcoming the challenges that lie ahead. Generating income and support for our mission is more important than ever.
We are doers. We are a community. We change lives. If you think you could thrive as part of our forward-thinking team, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Fundraising Communications Officer, you’ll develop key messages, content and activity to enable us to acquire, renew, engage and retain supporters.
Specifically, you will:
- Create content and assets that convey the impact and breadth of our work
- Develop tools and activities to communicate effectively with our donors
- Liaise with the Marketing Team to develop tailored communication plans and content
- Create engaging opportunities to promote income generation from new audiences and donor groups
To join us as a Fundraising Communications Officer, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in communications and/or marketing within, or for, a fundraising context
- Previous experience of designing and testing campaigns and messaging
- A track record of writing for different audiences and using a range of digital, written and multimedia communications
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders in a collaborative way
- An understanding of storytelling that inspires action
- Previous experience of using Salesforce or another CRM system
- Proficiency in emailing systems such as ActiveCampaign or Mailchimp
- To be confident in the technical aspects of digital fundraising and donor acquisition
- Knowledge of industry codes of practice
Experience of working with WordPress or similar would be beneficial, as would experience of managing supporter events.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Officer, Communications Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Communications Officer, Fundraising Executive, or Marcoms Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 17th July 2020. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 23rd and 24th July 2020.
Webrecruit and FareShare UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a new challenge as a Fundraising Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.