Fundraising Manager – Individual Giving
Deptford, London (home based currently)
If you have a background in individual giving income generation and management, this is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious charity that helps to feed the nation’s most vulnerable people.
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an even greater need for our work. During this time, we’ve trebled the amount of food distributed to support vulnerable people.
Until recently, the majority of our fundraising focus and successes have been on corporate partnerships and income from trusts and foundations. We have some fantastic and loyal individual donors, as well as thousands of new supporters thanks to phenomenal response to our COVID-19 emergency appeal.
It is imperative that we continue to expand our income streams to convert this new level of support into funds that can help those most in need. As such, we are looking for a Fundraising Manager to join us, focusing on our individual giving income stream.
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Travelcard loans (if required)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
This is an incredible opportunity to take on a new role in our organisation, drive innovation in our supporter experience and use insight to shape, test and refine our individual giving strategy.
COVID-19 has made day-to-day life even harder for vulnerable people, but we are passionate about our cause and overcoming the challenges that lie ahead.
We are doers. We are a community. We change lives. If you think you could thrive as part of our forward-thinking team, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Fundraising Manager, you will lead and develop our individual giving programmes, inspiring and motivating donors to engage with the organisation more often and more deeply.
You will develop existing and new propositions, products, audiences, channels and technology and deliver creative supporter journeys that build long-term loyalty and value.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage, plan and deliver multi-channel and data-driven engagement with individuals
- Oversee the planning and delivery of a new programme of multi-channel activities which support regular and one-off cash donations
- Create an inspiring donor experience that builds long-term engagement
- Work with the Fundraising Marketing Officer to deliver a great supporter experience
- Provide insight and evaluation on our donor audience, campaign performance and opportunities
- Work with the Head of Fundraising, Corporate Partnerships Manager and Senior Trusts & Grants Manager to manage major donor relationships and processes
To join us as a Fundraising Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of individual giving income generation and management
- Previous experience of creating activity programmes and business plans to recruit, engage, inspire and retain donors
- Experience of creating and delivering multi-channel campaigns and using digital channels to acquire new donors
- A track record of providing excellent customer and/or donor care
- Experience of using Salesforce or a similar database and audience segmentation and using data analytics
- Solid knowledge of the regulatory environment for fundraising from individuals, including data protection, Gift Aid and fundraising codes of practice and regulation
- Good analytical, forecasting and numeracy skills
- Proficiency in emailing systems such as ActiveCampaign or Mailchimp
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: line management, major donor relationship management, or working with a fundraising board.
Other organisations may call this role Individual Giving Manager, Fundraising Programme Manager, Donor Manager, Supporter Experience Manager, Senior Fundraising Officer, or Senior Fundraising Executive.
The closing date for applications is 9am on the 20th July 2020. Interviews will take place during the week commencing the 27th July 2020.
Webrecruit and FareShare UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a new challenge as a Fundraising Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.