Network Development Manager (18 Month FTC)
Reporting to: Head of Network Partnerships
Location: North West, field based
Hours: full time (35 hours) hours
Contract: 18 months fixed term
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
FareShare now operates 22 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 10,943 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members. Over the past year over 20,000 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres nationwide, feeding 975,000 people every week. We operate across 1,900 towns, cities and villages and we save UK charities and redistribute enough food for 46.5 million meals.
FareShare’s nationwide network of regional centres
We aspire to grow our number of volunteers to help us deliver our mission and that of our member charities and community groups, whilst helping to ensure the ongoing sustainability of FareShare’s 22 Regional Centres across the UK. Volunteers are the life blood of FareShare, without them food which is received from the UK’s food industry would not make its way to the 10,943 charities and community groups we support. Our aim is to grow our volunteer base in these roles, while we also diversify the types of volunteering opportunities available within FareShare Regional Centres.
- Flexibility for home working
- Expenses paid
- Travelcard loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
As a Network Development Manager, you’ll provide direction and support across the FareShare Network to meet our ambitious development plans and support regional staff. You will create infrastructure to enable FareShare UK and our regional partners to work well together. You will also develop and guide charity acquisition, growth and support.
- Work with the FareShare Regional Partners to provide direction and support to 4 regions, in Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and North Wales
- Liaise with Regional Centre Managers to ensure that they have access to knowledge sharing, both from yourself and from other delivery partners in the region
- Support the growth of FareShare Go and other FareShare UK programmes in your region
- Ensure that the agreed FareShare Quality Standards, Health and Safety and procedures are in place to maintain food and brand security
- Support the FareShare delivery partners and the operations team in the development of new models of distribution by ensuring that the correct operational standards are in place and working appropriately, including the development of sub regional centres and local collection points
- Develop, grow and maintain supportive UK-wide partnerships with external (not Network) not-for-profits to move more food
- Developing and managing regional or national partnerships
- Engagement and strategic level account management
- Business planning and experience of high-level growth
- Working in a regulated environment
- Working on own initiative, used to organising own workload and performing to deadlines and standards
- Experience of working in the following areas: project management, food distribution, warehousing operation, partnerships
- Experience of working with volunteers
- An understanding of the food industry and supply chain
- Regional management experience for a national organisation
- Experience of monitoring performance
Values and behaviours
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An understanding of, and sympathy with, FareShare’s mission and strategy
- Flexibility of approach and ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, with both internal and external audiences
- Willingness and ability to work from FareShare regions and around the UK regularly
Other organisations may call this role Charity Network Manager, Regional Network Manager, Territory Network Manager, Regional Operations Manager, or Northern Regional Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 20th December 2019.
To apply for this role, select the apply button shown to submit your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are a suitable fit for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.