2 positions available
FareShare Yorkshire is growing its services in Leeds and launching a new exciting project. Starting in March 2021 FareShare Yorkshire will be operating 2 sites in Leeds, a redistribution centre (SRC) supporting front line Charities and Community groups alongside a new initiative, Yorkshire Storage HUB (YSH).
This new project will source, process and supply surplus food to FareShare Yorkshire’s distribution centre’s in Barnsley and Leeds, in addition to directly supplying Charities with regular frozen products. The Warehouse Supervisors will coordinate the warehouse activity and a small team, ensuring that the SRC and YSH operate efficiently and effectively under the direction of the Site Managers.
To do this, the YSH Warehouse Supervisor will:
• Handle the receipt of incoming food supply, movement of stock to FareShare Yorkshire’s distribution centre’s in Barnsley and Leeds and coordinate the provision of frozen food to our Community Food Members
• Supervise a team of volunteers, providing support and guidance.
• Work with the SRC and YSH Manager to operate the project in accordance with the Charity’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Main areas of responsibility
• Supervise the work schedule and daily activities of the warehouse.
• Supervise a team of volunteers to support the work of FareShare Yorkshire on a daily basis.
• Utilise FareShare’s in-house stock management database, ensuring stock movements are recorded in a timely manner and accurate at all times.
• Maintain the warehouse site to the highest standards including daily cleaning, and stock control.
• To carry out any other duties which may be reasonably requested.
Health & Safety, Food Hygiene
• Uphold the highest Health & Safety standards to ensure staff and volunteers are kept safe and the site is Covid Secure.
• Ensure compliance with all FareShare policies and procedures and industry standards as required by food donors and regulators.
• Maintain and complete daily documentation, ensuring full Food Hygiene compliance.
Full Driving licence required and access to own vehicle preferable.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.