The Commercial Manager will focus on working with the food industry to provide increasing volumes of surplus foods to the charities and community groups we support across the country, the success you have, together with your colleagues in the Food Team, will be critical to maintaining our growth.
Your role will be to identify, develop and manage new business relationships and strengthen existing business relationships with companies in the food industry, generating value for the partner and to secure growing and sustainable volumes of surplus food for the FareShare Network.
When it comes to our key partners, you will undertake a strategic account management role leading and coordinating FareShare’s engagement right across our organisation ensuring professional account management and enabling us to leverage the appropriate influence, expertise, and funding from these key partners as well as food.
You will work with food partners to help identify and overcome the barriers which exist to giving surplus food to people in need. These include operational, financial and historical issues, including competition from income streams available to industry e.g. selling surplus food to anaerobic digestion or animal feed processors. FareShare has been able to secure external grant funding to help overcome these barriers and help increase the volumes of fresh foods which are redistributed. This role will include working with food partners and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to apply this fund, seeing initiatives through to completion, monitoring the impacts, benefits and evaluation.
You will also be required to work closely with FareShare colleagues within FareShare and across the UK in our partner organisations in order to identify and understand opportunities for creating mutual and shared value.
As an employer committed to Equal Opportunities, we will assess applications in line with these criteria that we consider either as being essential or desirable in this role.
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple accounts in the FMCG, food, retail or comparable sector with professionalism and integrity consistently meeting or exceeding challenging targets
- Good working knowledge of the key players across the food industry and their ways of working
- Successful track record of managing cross-functional projects to tight timescales and budgets, ensuring involvement of all key stakeholders
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at a range of levels and across multiple functions with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to use own initiative working independently and responsibly
- Experience of working in a retail or food industry sector
- Experience of project evaluation, data-driven analysis and impact reporting
- Relationship and stakeholder management experience of large corporate partners
- Knowledge of and interest in Sustainable Development, Corporate Social Responsibility and experience of its application within the business environment
This role is a flexible role, with regular UK travel.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.