Role based in Essex, Hertfordshire,bedforshirebut currently working remotley
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. We support 10,962 local charities and community groups. Over the past year 24,074 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare. Our charity network serves 933,578 people every week.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
About FareShare Go
FareShare and the Irish social enterprise FoodCloud have been working together since 2016 in a partnership designed to help UK retailers address the issue of edible surplus food they may have within their stores. This innovative partnership, known as FareShare Go, brings together a technology platform and FareShare’s knowledge of the UK charity food redistribution market. Using this App we are connecting charities with edible surplus foods.
As Community Coordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme; through maximising relationships and adding value to create the best experience for our charity community. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare Go across your local area
- Charity Welcoming and Engagement: You will carry out Welcome Visits to new charities and be responsible for ensuring that coverage KPIs are reached and maintained for both new and existing retailers. Using your analysis of charity needs, plus your knowledge of retailer and store profiles, you will use these visits to maximise the offer to charities, ensuring the service meets their requirements.
- Community Capacity Building: As part of the Building of relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and Compliance: You will work with your Regional Manager and team to identify stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage and charity compliance. Liaising with the Central Team, you will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance. You will also be responsible for undertaking annual food safety checks within the agreed timeframe.
- Retailer Engagement: You will play a key role in maintaining strong retailer relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with retailers, where required. Plus you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become 'oneFareShare’. These roles are an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills with a range of stakeholders
- Be a strong communicator who is able to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Be confident and assertive in handling difficult situations, whilst demonstrating calmness and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-manage your own performance and workload.
- Have initiative and innovative thinking, in order to shape new/different ways of working
- Have strong IT skills
- Be flexible with working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to areas of the UK.
- Have a valid driver’s licence for the UK, access to a car and can undertake extensive travel across your region.
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software. Salesforce experience is advantageous.
- Some experience in data analysis and project planning
- Be degree educated or have a strong career history doing