FareShare is looking for exceptional individuals, with the range of skills that will play a vital role in contributing to the success of this innovative programme. As part of the FareShare Go team you will work with a range of inspiring individuals who care passionately about our mission, and the communities we serve.
As Community Coordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme; through maximising relationships and adding value to create the best experience for our charity community. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare Go across your local area.
The Community Coordinator will work across their designated area, with the following key outcomes:
- Charity Welcoming and Engagement: You will carry out Welcome Visits to new charities and be responsible for ensuring that coverage KPIs are reached and maintained for both new and existing retailers. Using your analysis of charity needs, plus your knowledge of retailer and store profiles, you will use these visits to maximise the offer to charities, ensuring the service meets their requirements.
- Community Capacity Building: As part of the Welcome Visit and building relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, more often, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and Compliance: You will work with your Regional Manager and team to identify stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage and charity compliance. Liaising with the Central Team, you will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance, providing face to face interventions as necessary. You will also be responsible for undertaking annual food safety checks within the agreed timeframe.
- Retailer Engagement: You will play a key role in maintaining strong retailer relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with retailers, where required. Plus you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become ‘one FareShare’. These roles are an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.
- Community Engagement: You will work with your regional team to ensure that we are continuing to build and grow the FareShare community. You will take an active role in leading community events and networking activities, relying on the Central Team to support you in the organisation of these events.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills with a range of stakeholders
- Be a strong communicator who is able to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Be confident and assertive in handling difficult situations, whilst demonstrating calmness and professionalism
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Self-manage your own performance and workload.
- Have initiative and innovative thinking, in order to shape new/different ways of working
- Be organised, with a proven track record of achieving quality results.
- Have a proven ability to create links across teams to share best practices.
- Have strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be flexible about your working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to other areas of the UK.
- Have a valid driver’s licence for the UK, access to your own car and undertake extensive travel across your region.
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software. Experience using Salesforce is advantageous.
- Some experience in data analysis and project planning is advantageous
- Be degree educated or have a strong career history doing similar roles in any sector.
- Have some experience of training and managing others
The expectations for the ‘field based roles’ are = 3 - 4 days working with your teams/retailers/regional centres/CFAs, either at customer or company sites within your region. With 1 - 2 days working from home.
Closing date 7th October 2021