FareShare is an award winning charity, we are the UK’s national network charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
The COVID19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity in the UK and with it, FareShare’s ability to get food to vulnerable communities nationwide. We are fortunate to benefit from the support of major retailers, the media, sports ambassadors and a groundswell of public engagement. As a result, there has never been a more exciting time to join an organisation at the heart of public consciousness.
About the Role
As Community Coordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme across Kent and some areas in Surrey, through maximising relationships and adding value to create the best experience for our charity community. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare Go across your local area. FareShare Midlands is the largest of the FareShare delivery partner operating across the West and East Midlands. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute food to 550 frontline charities such as school breakfast clubs, community centres and organisations supporting those who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated and recovering from addiction. These organisations provide meals and food parcels to more than 35,000 vulnerable people every week.
As a Community Coordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of our network of community food groups in the region. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of the Regional Centre and FareShare Go across the Midlands.
- Charity account management: You will carry out virtual calls and in person visits with new and existing charities, and be responsible for ensuring that coverage KPIs are reached and maintained for both new and existing retailers. Using your analysis of charity needs, plus your knowledge of retailer and store profiles, you will use these visits to maximise the offer to charities, ensuring the service meets their requirements.
- Community Capacity Building: As part of the Building of relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and Compliance: You will work with your Regional Manager and team to identify stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage and charity compliance. You will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance. You will also be responsible for undertaking food safety reviews with charities to ensure compliance.
- Retailer Engagement: You will play a key role in maintaining strong retailer relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with retailers, where required. Plus, you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become 'oneFareShare’. These roles are an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills with a range of stakeholders
- Be a strong communicator who is able to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Be confident and assertive in handling difficult situations, whilst demonstrating calmness and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-manage your own performance and workload.
- Have initiative and innovative thinking, in order to shape new/different ways of working
- Have strong IT skills
- Be flexible with working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to areas of the UK.
- Have a valid driver’s licence for the UK, access to a car and can undertake extensive travel across your region.
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software. Salesforce experience is advantageous.
- Some experience in data analysis and project planning
- Be degree educated or have a strong career history with relevant skills.
Values and behaviours
- A commitment to equal opportunities and safeguarding.
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for, FareShare’s mission and strategy.
- A commitment to continuous professional development.
- An empathy with volunteers and an understanding of their needs.
- Flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work.
- Willingness and ability to travel in the UK.
25 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays
Employers pension contribution of 4% Life assurance - group life scheme
Employee Assistance Program
Interest free bicycle purchase loan scheme
Season ticket loan