FareShare now operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 10,943 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members and Associates. Over the past year 19,519 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 924,000 people every week. In 2018 our impact was felt in at least 1,960 towns, cities and villages, helping UK charities and community groups avoid costs of more than £33m and delivering over £70m value to the UK taxpayer.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
About FareShare Go
FareShare and the Irish social enterprise FoodCloud have been working together since 2016 in a partnership designed to help UK retailers address the issue of edible surplus food they may have within their stores. This innovative partnership, known as FareShare Go, brings together a technology platform and FareShare’s knowledge of the UK charity food redistribution market. Using this App we are connecting charities with edible surplus foods. Initially this scheme has been working with Tesco, with a view to roll this service out to all retailers across the UK & Ireland in the longer term.
Since launching the scheme last year we have already connected over 7,500 charities with over 2,700 stores.
FareShare is looking for exceptional individuals, with the range of skills that will play a vital role in contributing to the success of this innovative programme. As part of the FareShare Go team you will work with a range of inspiring individuals who care passionately about our mission, and the communities we serve.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where "No good food goes to waste".
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration it's only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers.
As Community Coordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme; through maximising relationships and adding value to create the best experience for our charity community. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare Go across your local area.
The Community Coordinator will work across their designated area (Covering Penrith to Bolton and Bury) , with the following key outcomes
- Charity Welcoming and Engagement: You will carry out Welcome Visits to new charities and be responsible for ensuring that coverage KPIs are reached and maintained for both new and existing retailers. Using your analysis of charity needs, plus your knowledge of retailer and store profiles, you will use these visits to maximise the offer to charities, ensuring the service meets their requirements.
- Community Capacity Building: As part of the Welcome Visit and building relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, more often, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and Compliance: You will work with your Regional Manager and team to identify stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage and charity compliance. Liaising with the Central Team, you will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance, providing face to face interventions as necessary. You will also be responsible for undertaking annual food safety checks within the agreed timeframe.
- Retailer Engagement: You will play a key role in maintaining strong retailer relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with retailers, where required. Plus you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become ‘one FareShare’. These roles are an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.
- Community Engagement: You will work with your regional team to ensure that we are continuing to build and grow the FareShare community. You will take an active role in leading community events and networking activities, relying on the Central Team to support you in the organisation of these events.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills with a range of stakeholders
- Be a strong communicator who is able to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Be confident and assertive in handling difficult situations, whilst demonstrating calmness and professionalism
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Self-manage your own performance and workload.
- Have initiative and innovative thinking, in order to shape new/different ways of working
- Be organised, with a proven track record of achieving quality results.
- Have a proven ability to create links across teams to share best practices.
- Have strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be flexible about your working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to other areas of the UK.
- Have a valid driver’s licence for the UK, access to your own car and undertake extensive travel across your region.
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software. Experience using Salesforce is advantageous.
- Some experience in data analysis and project planning is advantageous
- Be degree educated or have a strong career history doing similar roles in any sector.
- Have some experience of training and managing others
The expectations for the ‘field based roles’ are = 3 - 4 days working with your teams/retailers/regional centres/CFAs, either at customer or company sites within your region. With 1 - 2 days working from home.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.