About FareShare Go
FareShare Go provides charities and community groups with direct access to surplus food from local supermarkets, including Tesco, ASDA and Waitrose & Partners.
The food is good quality food that can no longer be sold for a variety of reasons, such as damaged packaging or a short-shelf life. Since launching the scheme in 2015, we have already connected over 7,500 charities with more than 3,500 stores across the UK.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Our Values: Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and
achieve the most for our clients/customers.
As Community Coordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme in the West Midlands; through maximising relationships and adding value to create the best experience for our charity community. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare Go across your local area.
- Charity account management: You will carry out virtual calls and in person visits with new and existing charities, and be responsible for ensuring that coverage KPIs are reached and maintained for both new and existing retailers. Using your analysis of charity needs, plus your knowledge of retailer and store profiles, you will use these visits to maximise the offer to charities, ensuring the service meets their requirements.
- Community Capacity Building: As part of the Building of relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and Compliance: You will work with your Regional Manager and team to identify stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage and charity compliance. You will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance. You will also be responsible for undertaking food safety reviews with charities to ensure compliance.
- Retailer Engagement: You will play a key role in maintaining strong retailer relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with retailers, where required. Plus you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become 'oneFareShare’. These roles are an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.