FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. In 2019/2020, 24,074 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 933,178 people every week.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work with the Finance team at FareShare. In this role you will have the potential to gain valuable work experience; whilst developing new skills in a supported environment.
The Business Support team offers services to the wider FareShare group; by placing outstanding customer service at the heart of everything it does.
FareShare and the finance function have undergone and exciting period of growth and this is an opportunity to play a vital role in our next phase of development.
Main areas of responsibility
- Liaising with fundraising team to ensure correct recording of donated income received, ensuring month end and other reporting deadlines are met when obtaining information.
- Assist with the month end and year end close process.
- Daily posting and allocation of cash received.
- Raise customer invoices and distribute to set deadlines, including invoicing via a trading subsidiary company.
- Support with analysis on income and debtors for the Head of Finance and other senior team members.
- Support the team with credit control including contacting customers and liasing with other FareShare departments ensuring agreed processes are followed. Support the team target of 45 DSO for earned income streams.
- Investigate and resolve queries on payments, invoices and debtor accounts quickly and efficiently.
- Role is focused on accounts receivable but will be required to support other areas of the finance department as needed for example to ensure cover during annual leave.
- Monitor the finance inbox on a rota basis with the rest of the team responding to queries on all areas.
- Support accounts payable team with invoice processing as and when required.
- Attend office around twice per month on rotation with other team members to process post received including cheques.
- Demonstrate a professional service approach to internal customers by responding to requests timely and accurately
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
Competencies and behaviours
Experience and Skills – Essential
- Good general all round education (generally a minimum of 5 GCSE passes including English and Maths, or equivalent) and able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor communications to suit different audiences
- Previous experience of working in financial roleThe ability to manage potentially difficult conversations
- Confident verbal and written communicator.
- Very organised with an ability to work systematically and to fixed deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently, whilst taking responsibility as an individual
- Proven track record of working accurately and demonstrating attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated
Experience and Skills – Desirable
- Experience working as part of a small team
- Competence in IT and general office skills, including the ability to manage a database, excel spread sheets and outlook
- A proven track record of working with a finance system and processing transactions accurately
- Experience of dealing with sensitive information securely and in line with Data Protection legislation
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.