FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and
achieve the most for our clients/customers.
The Finance Business Partner will have excellent attention to detail with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise as well as experience of producing reports for a variety of different audiences. Engaging with stakeholders outside of the finance function on budgeting, forecasting and providing financial support and guidance is a key part of this role.
FareShare has undergone a period of rapid change and growth and is forecast to continue to grow. Much of this growth has been funded by winning major grants from Asda (c £12million over 3 years), Big Lottery Fund (£5million over 3 years) and the Walmart Foundation (c £1.6million over 2 years). In addition, COVID19 has also resulted in a rapid expansion of activity and funding streams.
FareShare is at an exciting phase in the development of its finance function. The increased volume and complexity of activity means that support is needed to manage reporting and budgeting requirements and provide finance support across the organisation while continuing work to improve finance processes. This post will work closely with the Head of Finance and departmental colleagues to support in these areas.
Main areas of responsibility
Planning, co-ordinating and managing the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes including the production and ownership of appropriate planning models to support these. Co-ordinating the delivery of the budget and forecasts in association with departmental colleagues and management throughout the organisation to agreed timetables.
Working in partnership with Fundraising management to ensure that donated income projections are produced to timetable, realistic and easily reviewed by management.
Provide a business partner service to nominated internal stakeholders including Regional Centres and the Employability team. To include the monthly preparation of budgetary reports and liaison with budget holders.
Provide financial management leadership on process improvement projects in co-ordination with Regional Centres including the end to end Sale Order Processing cycle. This will require extensive cross departmental liaison.
Supporting the reporting requirements of the Head of Strategy Implementation where a number of new projects and initiatives will be undertaken.
Represent and support the development of all systems and the integration of financial systems with other operational systems used within the organisation. Work closely with the department colleagues who are leading on the post-implementation development of the new financial system.
Assisting the Head of Finance and Director of Finance and resources with preparation of reports for the Board of Trustees.
Be proactive and collaborative in supporting the development of improved systems and processes in the Finance Department working with other team members as appropriate as well as contributing to the development of financial processes by raising issues and opportunities as part of a regular dialogue with the Head of Finance.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification or equivalent
- Business partnering experience supporting front line operational teams.
- Experience of managing and developing the financial planning cycle in an organisation undergoing significant change and development.
- A good track record in financial management, systems development and process improvement.
- An understanding of either the food industry, the logistics industry or the third sector would be desirable.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Able to provide clear, practical and accurate advice to a variety of people at different levels within an organisation.
- Able to read and critically analyse a business or project plan
- Proven ability and experience of designing and following processes.
- Good systems skills with both a finance system and Excel advanced level.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, both within an organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial staff.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to design, analyse and revise processes to deliver services in the most efficient way to meet changing requirements, balancing the needs of individual areas within FareShare and efficiency benefits of aggregation and standardisation.
- Ability to motivate and develop individuals from non-financial backgrounds through change.
Values and behaviours
- Flexibility and ability to work well as part of a team and alone.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- An understanding of, and empathy with FareShare’s mission and strategy.
- Versatile, adaptable and enthusiastic approach.
- Intellectual with a strong commercial acumen
- Evidence of understanding of management information systems through continuing professional development.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 10th October 2021