FareShare now operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 10,943 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members and Associates. Over the past year 19,519 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 924,000 people every week. In 2018 our impact was felt in at least 1,960 towns, cities and villages, helping UK charities and community groups avoid costs of more than £33m and delivering over £70m value to the UK taxpayer.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Our Values: Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and
achieve the most for our clients/customers.
This important role is instrumental in helping the food team to work efficiently and effectively. You’ll play a key role in helping the food team to understand their performance against targets, supporting them with reports and analysis. You will also help identify and in identifying opportunities to improve processes and strategies. As well as this, You’ll also be helping the food coordination team to work efficiently and effectively, identifying opportunities to continually improve processes, and working to resolve the root causes to supply problems. You’ll also ensure that we provide an excellent service to our Regional Centres, capturing and identifying their requirements and supporting the food coordination team to deliver against these.
Main areas of responsibility
Reporting and analysis
- Generate reports and KPIs to help the team track progress against goals. Suggest areas for improvement
- Using our data, conduct analysis into specific topics as required, to support strategies.
- Play a key role in reviewing where food has been distributed to, analysing gaps in supply and identifying solutions to help get food to RCs that are in greater need.
- Ensure that our data is kept up to date in our CRM system
- Prepare reports for food partners, Regional Centres and Commercial Managers as required
- Develop systems to compile information on Regional Centre needs, using inventory and demand information, to support the team to match up food supply with demand
- Be responsible for executing changes to systems and processes, including all trainingProvide insight into root causes of delivery errors or process errors, developing and implementing solutions to drive continuous improvementAct as the tech Champion for the food team and for all things related to the IT systems which we use. Drive process improvements between our team and other teams, for example marketing or financeImplement process changes that improve our efficiency and effectiveness in the food coordination system, for example speed of response, issue resolution.
- Escalate ongoing issues or capacity issues to the Food Supply Manager and Commercial Managers as appropriate
- Deputise and represent the team for the Food Supply Manager as required
- Be prepared to carry out tasks on behalf of the Food Coordination Assistants when cover is needed for example during annual leave and sickness.
As an employer committed to Equal Opportunities, we will assess applications in line with these criteria that we consider either as being essential or desirable in this role.
- Numerical and analytical, with experience of data analysis and generating reports, good problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret complex matters and communicate them effectively to others
- Ability to support the team to be solution focused, able to identify, articulate and solve problems
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with unpredictable customer flow
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Great time management skills and adept at working to deadlines
- Able to see the bigger picture but equally comfortable rolling up sleeves and getting stuck into the day to day challenges
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively across all levels and across teams
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of similar industry related performance measures
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management, forecasting) would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a customer focussed environment
- Experience using data analysis tools such as Power BI or Tableau would be an advantage
- Experience using systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV, Cover Letter and Equal Opportunities form to via our website by Monday 9th September 2019. Can we ask candidates to reply with their full name saved in the title of the cover letter and CV as well as in the body of the document.