About FareShare UK
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. During 2020, we redistributed 113 million meals through our FareShare Regional Centres and our retail surplus model FareShare Go, reaching over 1 million people.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
The COVID19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity in the UK and with it, FareShare’s ability to get food to vulnerable communities nationwide. We are fortunate to benefit from the support of major retailers, the media, sports ambassadors and a groundswell of public engagement. As a result, there has never been a more exciting time to join an organisation at the heart of public consciousness.
About the Role
The Fund Officer is responsible for managing FareShare’s relationships with food suppliers, who we call ‘partners’, across the UK to provide the food volumes which keep our network of charities supplied. This role has been created to provide administrative and analytical support to the team with a particular focus on the administration of FareShare’s Surplus with Purpose Fund. We use the Fund to help us access good to eat food that would otherwise go to waste.
FareShare launched its Surplus with Purpose Fund in 2019 with an aim to reduce edible food waste in the UK. The Fund helps food businesses to offset the costs involved in diverting edible safe- to -eat surplus food to FareShare that otherwise may be sent to waste channels. These include most commonly labour and packaging costs.
Working closely with the Commercial Managers and other members of the Food Team the Officer will maintain records of supplier agreements under the Fund, track them through to invoice approval, resolve any invoicing issues and provide data analysis and reporting on the use of the Fund.
The role will also support the maintenance and accuracy of other systems used within the Food team to ensure partner account records are up to date and GDPR policies are adhered too. The role will also support the preparation of supplier data based impact reports and case studies.
This role will play a leading part in enabling FareShare to effectively and efficiently manage the Fund which plays an important part in enabling us to access good quality, nutritious surplus food. It will suit an individual who thrives in a busy environment, who is able to work with data to a high level of accuracy and is comfortable working with a range of stakeholders.
- Fund Administration
- Analysis & Reporting
- Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
- Food Team Systems
Competencies and behaviours
- Advanced user of excel and technical skills to analyse data
- Excellent numeracy skills with excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active, organised and able to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively and cope with competing demands
- Ability to use own initiative working independently and responsibly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient IT skills, including all Microsoft office packages.
- Experience of financial administration including invoice approvals
- Understanding of the principles of budget administration
- Experience of conducting data analysis to provide insight and overviews on progress against KPIs
- Proven customer service skills
- Proficient skills in CRM systems and ideally business analytics programmes such as SalesForce and PowerBi
- Experience of working cross functionally within a busy organisation
- Excellent computer skills, advanced excel user, able to use functions to analyse and summarise data
- Experience of project reporting for internal or external audiences
- Budget management experience, including reviewing budgets and expenditure
- Interest and understanding of the food industry and or food waste reduction
Join our amazing team and help tackle food waste and get great quality surplus food to charities and communities groups across the UK.
25 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays
Employers pension contribution of 4% Life assurance - group life scheme
Employee Assistance Program
Interest free bicycle purchase loan scheme
Season ticket loan
Closing Date: 31st October 2021