- Work for a fantastic, growing charity
- Lead a finance team and take ownership of the function
About Our Client
FareShare is the largest food redistribution charity in the UK. We believe that no good food should go to waste. We take an environmental problem, good food that is surplus, and divert it to feed people in need.
FareShare operate 22 Regional Centres around the UK, giving FareShare a national reach alongside an ability to deliver locally. Over the past year 20,838 tonnes of food were redistributed by these Regional Centres, feeding 924,000 people every week. We work closely with other charities and community groups to deliver this redistribution and we save these partners more than £33 million per year.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
- Leading the finance team of 5
- Planning and scheduling the workload of the finance team
- Building and maintaining good relationships with other members of the Senior Management Team across the organisation and ensuring finance support for non-finance is of high quality
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the organisation, for projects and to individual budget holders
- Discuss the results from monthly reporting with budget holders and project sponsors to encourage their interest in them and to understand variances.
- Support implementation of a new accounting system, including improvement of reporting and data that can be used to support decision making
- Preparing yearly budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Preparing draft year-end financial accounts prior to audit
- Prepare complex quarterly VAT returns (with non-business and partial-exemption issues)
- Maintain and develop sound accounting controls and systems
- Ad hoc reporting and other exercises as required
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent) with strong team management and finance leadership skills that can be evidenced through experience. In particular, you will have previously lead and managed a team to deliver excellent results. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise effectively with non-finance stakeholders to build relationships and drive a sense of ownership from budget holders. In addition, you should be able to lead on the year-end cycle, including working closely with auditors.
What's on Offer
Salary £50,000 to £58,000 plus benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14059966Z