Job based in London. The role may require the post holder to travel occasionally throughout the UK and attend events out of hours.
At FareShare, we fight food poverty by tackling food waste. We source fresh, quality and in date food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers and redistribute it to charities and community groups that provide meals to vulnerable people - individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated or recovering from addictions.
FareShare operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK and in conjunction with our store level solution, FareShare Go, we now support over 10,900 local charities and community groups. Over the past year FareShare managed over 20,800 tonnes of food nationwide, feeding over 920,000 people every week. By making sure good food is not wasted, we turn an environmental problem into a social solution.
Main purpose of the role
FareShare has an experienced Marcomms department working to raise our profile and strengthen our brand amongst the general public, the food industry, our charity members, the media and other stakeholders.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who feels passionate about food poverty and food waste in the UK.
This role is vital in strengthening FareShare’s ability to promote its work and the issues of food waste and food poverty. Your key focus will be to:
- Gather and provide content and evidence of FareShare’s work and impact (e.g. case studies, research)
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral to promote this and in the process maintain and ensure brand consistency
- Communicate and promote FareShare through various communications channels (events, website, newsletters)
This post requires someone with drive, initiative, a ‘just do it’ attitude and who is not afraid to learn on the job through giving it a go! By demonstrating this attitude and combining it with the experience level required below this is a great opportunity to make a real difference in an area of great relevance in the current economic climate.
- With the Marketing and Communications Manager, develop and implement the marketing and communications activity plan and production schedule to better promote FareShare to all our stakeholders across all communications channels
- Develop briefs for marketing materials and social media content, write copy and liaise with designers to publish
- Create and implement campaigns and materials to support internal communications
- Provide content by identifying stories across the FareShare network and develop cases studies to be used:
- for media, social media and PR/marketing purposes.
- by the various teams at FareShare National to pitch and promote FareShare and to nurture current partnerships
- Review, develop and maintain a bank of marketing resources, such as photos, case studies library and promotional videos and graphics
- Maintain a contact strategy for external stakeholders, including regular newsletters
- Deliver an effective support service to meet the communications and marketing requirements of the Fundraising and Operations Team, as well as the Fareshare Regional Centres
- Manage FareShare’s Google Grant and AdWords account to drive traffic to the FareShare website and support targeted campaigns on social media
- Assist the Marketing Manager on research activities/surveys, including research with our charity members
- Support the delivery of events as diverse as network conferences or public facing events
- Act as a brand champion by monitoring use of logo, messages, language, iconography and other visual elements
- Act as first point of contact for FareShare, including responding to email enquiries and redirect web enquiries to relevant people.
- Develop and manage other appropriate activities as defined by your line manager.
· Demonstrable experience of working in marketing/communications to raise the profile of an organisation or an issue ideally in FMCG or charity
· Demonstrable and proven track record of developing materials and resources to support campaigns
· Demonstrable experience of supporting internal teams in the delivery of team and organisational objectives
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
· Excellent copy-writing and proofreading skills and experience in writing engaging multi-channel content
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience in graphic design
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, both within an organisation and with stakeholders
· A self starter with proven ability to work on own initiative, meet objectives and tight deadlines under pressure
· Accuracy, meticulous attention to detail and excellent proof reading skills
· Knowledge of Wordpress, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, salesforce and/or other CRM systems is desirable.
Values and behaviours
· A commitment to Equal Opportunities
· An understanding of, and sympathy with, FareShare’s mission and strategy
· Flexibility of approach and ability to work in a team
· Willingness and ability to travel around the UK on an occasional basis.
If you would like to apply for this role then please send a copy of your CV and a supporting statement showing how you meet the essential experience outlined in the person specification via our website.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 19th September. Interviews will be held in London during weeks commencing 23 September.