This role oversees the daily workings of the warehouse operations with accountability for health & safety, food safety, people and logistics to ensure the site meets agreed KPIs and business plans. You will provide leadership and direction to meet ambitious strategic and operational performance targets including oversight and monitoring of performance against budget. You will coordinate with central teams in FSUK and design, manage, deliver and report on specific projects to achieve the overall site strategy. You will manage the Warehouse Manager and other members of the team to ensure the wellbeing of our people and continuity of service for our members. You will lead by example to ensure that targets are met and ensure the continuity of delivery standards within the guidelines of FareShare UK policies and procedures. You will work in partnership with the site’s Regional Development Manager to grow and develop strategies to support our delivery and service excellence.
Main areas of responsibility
- Responsible for excellence in the day-to-day warehouse operations for the site.
- Ensure the Warehouse is set up for success with the correct resource, skills, equipment and ways of working that conform to the organisations, government and industry standards. Highlighting gaps in this provision and designing strategies to support growth.
- Ensure that we have the appropriate logistics and resource schedules in place to meet daily delivery needs.
- Responsible for food safety and health and safety for the site.
- Support in the management of the budget for site and lead your teams to deliver against the plan whilst regularly reporting performance back to the Regional Development Manager and the executive team.
- Managing and leading a team of well-trained staff and volunteers to ensure delivery of operational targets to meet agreed KPIs, Service Level Agreements and within approved budgets.
- Line management including regular appraisals, mentoring, coaching and supervision as required.
- Liaising with FareShare’s central support teams on human resources, operational, compliance, finance and food teams.
- Working with bespoke technology systems, such the warehouse management system and customer relations management system, and support teams to maximise visibility of the warehouse and logistics operations performance across the business. Reporting on these sites and inputting to their development as required.
- Support the Regional Development Manager with the strategic planning and delivery of the service.
- Project management of any pertinent project to support growth of the site. Designing, delivering and managing such projects to further grow the sustainability and success of the site against defined targets.
- Regular communication with the FareShare service users to ensure service excellence.
- Operational oversight and control of food volumes, audits, risk assessments, waste management, warehouse processes and systems to meet defined CFM needs.
1. Previous experience in warehouse operations and / or FMCG industry
2. Knowledge of H&S in the workplace
3. Knowledge of Diversity and welfare of staff matters (including Mental Health consideration)
4. Able to demonstrate a Team player
5. Able to demonstrate thinking on your feet in a fast moving environment, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with the workforce and other parts of the business.
6. Ability to work corporately to the standards sets.
7. Proven track record of project management and strategic planning.
8. Proven track record of excellent people management.
Competencies and behaviours
Application form with proof to be provided on request QCF Level 3 award in equivalent to any of: HACCP, food hygiene, manual handling or H&S.
Application form with proof to be provided on request Current, clean driving licence and car insured for business use.
Application form with proof to be provided on request Experience of leading a team.
Application form/interview an understanding of and ability to promote equality and diversity.
Application form/interview Leadership of multi-dimensional projects from operational and strategic.
Application form/interview Leadership management skills- including the ability to motivate and develop people to deliver high levels of performance.
Application form/interview High level communication skills and ability to engage at all levels with diverse stakeholders.
Application form/interview developing long term partnerships with external stakeholders in achieving strategic goals.
Application form/interview Experience of working in a regulated environment and demonstrable risk assessment capabilities.
Application form/interview Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions ‘on the spot’.
Application form/interview Confidence and bearing to act as an ambassador to diverse audiences of external stakeholders strengthening the brand and raising awareness. E Application form/interview Strong presentation/facilitation skills to promote awareness of the FareShare mission.
Application form/interview Delivering customer service and the ability to deliver excellence through a competitive service offer to all stakeholders.
Application form/interview IT literacy, in particular of using Microsoft applications.
Application form/interview Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create good work partnerships with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
Qualifications QCF Level 6 (degree level) qualification.
Application form with proof to be provided on request QCF Level 3 PTTLS.
Application form/interview perspectives financial management, including control over income and expenditure and performance measures.
Application form/interview Working with and developing volunteers who may feel vulnerable or need support.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and Cover Letter and Equal Opportunities form via our website by the 20th May 2021 to be considered for the position. Interview details to be confirmed.