FareShare now operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 9,653 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members. Over the past year 16,992 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres nationwide, feeding 772,000 people every week. We operate across 1,500 towns, cities and villages and we save UK charities and community groups more than £28 million each year.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision:
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Our Values: Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers
FareShare has worked collaboratively with the food industry for 24 years and in 2018 we started a unique 3 year programme to roll out unparalleled volumes of surplus fresh food to the charity sector from the UK’s manufacturers, farmers, processors and Supply Chain.
This transformational programme connects FareShare with its corporate partner and a network of charities receiving food on a weekly basis. The co-ordination of the programme’s delivery and communication is managed a Corporate Relations Manager who is seconded within the corporate Partner’s Head Office 3 days a week. This role reports into the Corporate Relations Manager and will assist in the delivery of programme ensuring that it is delivered on time, on budget whilst being 100% compliant with our funder’s guidelines and expectations.
This is a vital new role will work alongside FareShare’s Corporate Relations Manager to; support all FareShare Regional Centres to deliver grant reports on time, to check all financial transactions to ensure they are compliant and to manage the process by which we distribute funding to Regional Centres. This will be achieved through process design, implementation and through the use of project management documentation/tools. This role will also support overall programme administration and key work streams that support the wider delivery of the programme.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, project support experience and have experience/transferable experience of managing and supporting grant funding, compliance and contracts.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To be responsible for Regional Centre budget management and financial reporting.
- To manage the Regional Centre reporting processes, ensuring that all reports are received completed and on time.
- To be responsible for programme compliance and checking/auditing of all reports.
- To manage and maintain programme management logs, trackers and documents.
- To communicate and escalate issues of non-compliance, underspend and overspend to management.
- To work as part of the Network Development Team to support Regional Centres to fulfil their responsibilities as grant receivers.
- To work in partnership with FareShare’s finance department ensuring they have the appropriate level of information to authorise payments to Regional Centres.
- To support wider programme management activity/work streams.
- Assisting and leading on key activities that contribute to the management and delivery of the programme.
- Checking every financial transaction made by Regional Centres, ensuring that claims are being made in scope of project plans/budget.
- Checking that evidence is logged for every item of expenditure and to take actions to ensure that future payments are controlled according to payment processes.
- Controlling and managing all financial logs and other programme management logs, ensuring that Regional Centres are spending within budget profiles.
- Acting as the main point of contact for Regional Centres on all budget management activity.
- Supporting all Regional Centres to report in line with agreed timelines following up on missed reports and escalating any reporting delays to management.
- Creating and managing internal audit processes and working with colleagues across the FareShare network to audit grant expenditure on a regular basis.
- Raising any budget variances with grant managers and recording all variances, which will be reported to internal governance groups.
- Maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Assist in the development of project reports for internal and external governance groups.
- Support in the recording and escalation of programmes risks and issues.
- Undertake any other programme support or programme administrative tasks as identified by the grant manager.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Accuracy, meticulous attention to detail and excellent project support and administration skills.
- Proven ability and experience of designing and following processes.
- Basic knowledge of project management principles and theory.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, both within an organisation and with stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Highly proficient in Excel and using other Microsoft programmes.
Values and behaviours:
- Flexibility and ability to work well as part of a team and alone.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- An understanding of, and empathy with FareShare’s mission and strategy.
- Previous charity experience is not essential, but is desirable.
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a supporting statement showing how you meet the essential experience outlined in the person specification via our website.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 22nd March 2019.
Interviews will be held in London on 5th April 2019.