FareShare now operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 10,943 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members and Associates. Over the past year 19,519 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 924,000 people every week. In 2018 our impact was felt in at least 1,960 towns, cities and villages, helping UK charities and community groups avoid costs of more than £33m and delivering over £70m value to the UK taxpayer.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
About FareShare Go
FareShare and the Irish social enterprise FoodCloud have been working together since 2016 in a partnership designed to help UK retailers address the issue of edible surplus food they may have within their stores. This innovative partnership, known as FareShare Go, brings together a technology platform and FareShare’s knowledge of the UK charity food redistribution market. Using this App we are connecting charities with edible surplus foods. Initially this scheme has been working with Tesco, with a view to roll this service out to all retailers across the UK & Ireland in the longer term.
Since launching the scheme last year we have already connected over 7,500 charities with over 2,700 stores.
FareShare is looking for exceptional individuals, with the range of skills that will play a vital role in contributing to the success of this innovative project. As part of the FareShare team you will work with a range of inspiring individuals who care passionately about our mission, and the communities we serve.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver andachieve the most for our clients/customers.
We are seeking an outstanding candidate, with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to join our fast paced project; managing a small team based in locations across the Central & Eastern England area.
As a Regional Manager you will be responsible for enhancing and growing a wide range of stakeholder relationships across your region. You will manage a regional team of Community Coordinators, who will oversee the day to day relationships with charities, the stores that they are collecting from and the retailers they are working with. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong ability to build long lasting, trusting relationships and overall be an exemplary ambassador for FareShare Go through the promotion of our brand and message.
The Regional Manager will manage a team to work across their designated area, with the following key outcomes:
- Team Performance: You will line manage a team in your area, ensuring delivery against programme KPIs and a regional budget. You will manage the workload of your team both for the roll out of any new stores for your region, whilst maintaining the sustainability of all existing live stores. You will be expected to recruit, train and induct all new members of your team as well as monitor their progress and foster their development.
- Food Safety, Data & Process: You will help shape and guide your team to recruit charities within the FareShare guidelines and within FareShare’s operational criteria. You will ensure your team provides a consistently brilliant user journey for charities and adheres to internal standards around data security and quality.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become ‘one FareShare’. The Regional Manager role is an integral part of our FareShare network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will manage the relationships with your Regional Centres, working closely to help them to develop the various different interactions between this project and the charities we serve.
- Retailer Engagement: You will oversee the management of charity and retailer relationships across your region. You will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region, sensitively dealing with any issues in a professional manner, as and when they arise.
- Food Industry Engagement: You will be an ambassador for FareShare at a range of regional networking events and opportunities with the Food industry. You will provide professional, regional account management for key stakeholders, working alongside the Regional Centres to support the regional acquisition of food.
- Community Engagement: You will work in partnership with the Regional Centre(s) to ensure regional networking events and opportunities are maximised within your region. Together, you will provide a clear point of contact, respond to queries and provide professional expertise and insight where required.
- FareShare Futures: You will also be required to take responsibility for one key development area for the programme.
- Extensive experience of managing teams and performance to deliver.
- Have experience of managing budgets and team expenses.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills and account management experience.
- Self-manage your own performance and workload.
- Have experience of working under pressure, managing various demands and tight timescales.
- Be organised, with a proven track record of achieving quality results or supporting others to help them deliver theirs.
- Be a strong communicator who is able to engage with a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Have a proven ability in strong team working and collaboration skills, building links across teams to share best practices.
- Have experience training and supporting others, whilst adjusting to different needs and styles of learning.
- Have strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Be flexible about your working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to other areas of the UK.
- Have a valid driver’s licence for the UK, access to your own car and undertake extensive travel across your region.
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software. Experience using Salesforce is advantageous.
- Be degree educated or have a strong career history doing similar roles in any sector.
The expectations for the ‘field based roles’ are = 3 - 4 days working with your teams/retailers/regional centres/CFAs, either at customer or company sites within your region, with 1 - 2 days working from home.
You will also be required to attend Regional Manager Meetings with your peers every 6 weeks, in Sheffield, London or Birmingham.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.