Role: Regional Manager – Central England
Location: Central England including the Midlands, South Yorkshire, Merseyside &
East Anglia. Travel will be required across these areas.
Pay Rate: £28,000 - £32,000
About FareShare UK
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. During 2020, we redistributed 113 million meals through our FareShare Regional Centres and our retail surplus model FareShare Go, reaching over 1 million people.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
The COVID19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity in the UK and with it, FareShare’s ability to get food to vulnerable communities nationwide. We are fortunate to benefit from the support of major retailers, the media, sports ambassadors and a groundswell of public engagement. As a result, there has never been a more exciting time to join an organisation at the heart of public consciousness.
About the Role
We are seeking an outstanding individual, with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to deliver the FareShare Go (FSGo) service and manage a regional team across Central and Eastern England area. As a Regional Manager, you will manage a regional team of Community Coordinators, who oversee the day-to-day relationships with charities and the stores across their locations; you will also work closely with your peers from other regions to ensure there is consistency and quality in service delivery across the areas. You will have a sound understanding of the challenges and differences across your region, from charity density, store format, to local landscapes, working with the team to find solutions to enable them to deliver the FSGo service to an excellent standard. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be confident in managing difficult situations under pressure, whilst also building key internal and external relationships to deliver successful results.
- Work closely alongside the other three Regional Managers to plan and deliver team workloads and outputs to a high standard, ensuring there is consistency and clarity in communicating important tasks and direction.
- Line manage a team of Community Coordinators (including a Senior CC) in your area, ensuring delivery against agreed programme KPIs. You will be responsible for managing the workload of your team, including the roll out of any new stores for your region, whilst maintaining the sustainability of all existing live stores.
- Recruit, train and induct new team members, as well as monitor and foster progress and development.
- Understand and analyse key data sets and reports, to then develop action and implementation plans for improvements.
- Ensure that your team is fully engaged, understands and implements practices and guidelines within FareShare Go’s ways of working, such as charity onboarding, using technology and systems and food safety guidelines. Where there are gaps in knowledge, ensure that training and support is identified appropriately.
- Leading on overall customer service in your area is an important part of this role; ensuring that charities receive an excellent standard of customer service and that you manage any important retailer relationships to support service delivery.
- Working closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your area, you will manage these important relationships and identify where there are opportunities to work better together, such as sharing of resources and/or joint funded roles. You will develop these strong relationships to ensure that networking and opportunities are maximised to increase food moved and charity engagement where possible.
- As part of the Regional Manager group, you will contribute your experience and insights into continuous improvement projects, and where appropriate you may take a lead in one of these areas.
- Extensive experience of managing teams and performance to deliver KPIs.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills and ability to communicate difficult messages in a clear and consistent way.
- Have experience of working under pressure, managing various demands and tight timescales; whilst also supporting a team to manage these situations.
- Have a proven ability in strong team working and collaboration skills, building links across teams to share best practices.
- Be confident in data analysis, understanding reports and turning insights into action.
- Be organised, with a proven track record of achieving quality results or supporting others to help them deliver theirs.
- Be a strong communicator who can engage with a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Have experience of managing budgets and team expenses.
- Have experience training and supporting others, whilst adjusting to different needs and styles of learning.
- Have a valid driver’s licence for the UK, access to your own car and undertake travel across your region*.
- Previous experience in the Food Industry and/ or Voluntary sector in a similar role.
- Project management skills, planning and risk management
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) software, e.g. Salesforce.
The Regional Manager role is a mix of home and field working. We currently alternate between home-based weeks and field weeks, On a field week, you can expect to be ‘on the road’ 2-3 days, this may be to visit direct reports, regional centres or charities. You will also be required to attend Regional
Join our amazing team and help tackle food waste and get great quality surplus food to charities and communities groups across the UK.
25 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays
Employers pension contribution of 4% Life assurance - group life scheme
Employee Assistance Program
Interest free bicycle purchase loan scheme
Season ticket loan