About FareShare UK
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. During 2020, we redistributed 113 million meals through our FareShare Regional Centres and our retail surplus model FareShare Go, reaching over 1 million people.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
The COVID19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity in the UK and with it, FareShare’s ability to get food to vulnerable communities nationwide. We are fortunate to benefit from the support of major retailers, the media, sports ambassadors and a groundswell of public engagement. As a result, there has never been a more exciting time to join an organisation at the heart of public consciousness.
About the Role
This important role has been created to support delivery of the FareShare strategy over the next three years and to develop innovative approaches to our work with the food industry which will further drive our growth and support the delivery of sustainable food volumes. We have ambitious volume plans and, whilst there are still high volumes of surplus food going to waste in the food supply chain which we aim to access to drive this growth, we are in a challenging and dynamic environment for the food industry and we are operating alongside a number of commercial and charitable food redistribution organisations who also have equally ambitious plans.
Reporting to the Director of Food, and working closely with the other members of the Food Team, this role will co-ordinate and oversee delivery of the activities identified to deliver the Food strategic objective which is to be the food redistribution partner of choice. It will identify and develop innovative approaches to accessing increased volumes from both existing and new food partners as well as considering engagement and collaboration within the sector, with trade bodies and other organisations engaged with the food industry e.g. waste companies, software houses etc.
This role will have line management responsibility for the Food Trade Marketing Manager role which will be responsible for developing our industry facing comms through all channels, ensuring our partners remain engaged and motivated as well as raising FareShare’s profile through industry facing activities and supporting the engagement through trade bodies and other relevant organisations.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, well organised individual able to use their insight and experience to add value to the work of the food team. This role is a great opportunity to have real impact that will benefit your colleagues, our Network partners and, most of all, make a meaningful difference to the work of the 11,000 charities who rely on us to help them improve the lives of the beneficiaries they support
- Strategy Delivery
- Project and Initiative Management
- Food Partner Experience and Industry Engagement
- People and Culture
- Successful track record of managing cross-functional projects to timescales and budgets, ensuring involvement of all key stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at a range of levels and across multiple functions with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of securing new business and managing partnerships in the food industry
- Good working knowledge of the key players in the food industry and an appreciation of the ways of working in the food industry supply chain
- Understanding of the barriers to accessing surplus food
- Experience of negotiation to deliver win:win outcomes
- Knowledge of, and interest in, FareShare’s mission
- Awareness of UK and global initiatives to reduce food waste
- Experience of managing direct reports
Competencies and behaviours
- Pro-active, organised and able to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively with strong time management skills to ensure effective allocation of FareShare resources to cope with competing demands
- Ability to use own initiative working independently and responsibly
- Resourceful innovative problem solver
- Good numeracy skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication with effective presentation skills
- Good team player able to work collaboratively across teams with competing priorities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Offices packages
- Commitment to equal opportunities
Join our amazing team and help tackle food waste and get great quality surplus food to charities and communities groups across the UK.
25 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays
Employers pension contribution of 4% Life assurance - group life scheme
Employee Assistance Program
Interest free bicycle purchase loan scheme
Season ticket loan
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
Interview Date: TBC