How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
FareShare now operates 21 Regional Centres around the UK. The majority of these are run by local charitable organisations we call our Delivery Partners. This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation yet also think and behave with local concerns at the heart of our actions. We support 9,653 local charities and groups – our Community Food Members. Over the past year 16,992 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres nationwide, feeding 772,000 people every week. We operate across 1,500 towns, cities and villages and we save UK charities and community groups more than £28 million each year. More information can be found on our website
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first. Demand far outstrips supply.
About FareShare Go
FareShare and the Irish social enterprise FoodCloud have been working together since 2016 in a partnership designed to help UK retailers address the issue of edible surplus food they may have within their stores. This innovative partnership, known as FareShare Go, brings together a technology platform and FareShare’s knowledge of the UK charity food redistribution market. Using this App we are connecting charities with edible surplus foods. Initially this scheme has been working with Tesco, with a view to roll this service out to all retailers across the UK & Ireland in the longer term.
Since launching the scheme last year we have already connected over 7,500 charities with over 2,700 stores. Our ambitious target is to rollout FareShare Go to four other retailers by 2019.
FareShare is looking for exceptional individuals, with the range of skills that will play a vital role in contributing to the success of this innovative project. As part of the FareShare team you will work with a range of inspiring individuals who care passionately about our mission, and the communities we serve.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where "No good food goes to waste".
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration it's only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus on providing the best service possible so that we deliver andachieve the most for our clients/customers.
As a Support Executive you will support the ongoing success of this project by working closely with our call centre in Ireland and our Community Coordinators to resolve issues that arise with charity collections, gather data for the Charity Insight Coordinator, and support our Regional field working teams with administrative desk based tasks. Excellent communication skills and people skills are critical to this role, as you will be spend a large proportion of your time on the phone, listening to issues, talking to your key stakeholders and aiming to find the best solution to deliver this critical service.
By managing your own time effectively, carrying an appropriate caseload and robustly following our case management guidelines and processes; you will provide speedy resolution to our partners needs and requests for help.
You will ensure that our CRM system accurately reflects customer outcomes and the current position of any ongoing work.
You will understand that this is crucial for reporting accurately on trends/issues affecting our charity network; and actively support your field based colleagues by communicating customer issues both verbally, by email, and by entering succinct factual notes onto the CRM system.
By effectively listening to our customers, and completing needs based situational analysis, you will drive the best possible outcomes for each of our partners. Within every customer interaction you will consider and actively work towards helping our customers take and use more food.
You will communicate honestly, professionally and in plain English with a variety of stakeholders and customers who will have very different needs and expectations. You will be experienced in actively adapting your natural communicative style to best match your audience; whilst employing effective conformation techniques to ensure your message is both heard and understood.
You will be a natural doer who will actively contribute to our continuous development by making informed suggestions around process improvement, increasing the volume of food we redistribute and making FareShare the best place you have ever worked.
● Resolving support issues: Work with the FoodCloud Call Centre to maintain seamless high quality support to struggling charities, including solving issues referred from the Call Centre, and escalate to appropriate stakeholders.
● Effective use of CRM: Effectively understanding and using a customer relationship management system to support all charities, by maintaining up to date records on all charities and scheduled donations.
● Supporting regional teams: Work closely with the FareShare field team to transition charities from initial to ongoing support. Together with your Community Coordinator, you will support and guide charity engagement and retention work with collecting charities. You will also support one of our regional field teams with administrative desk based tasks.
● Stakeholder support: Work with the Charity Insight Coordinator to identify support trends, by analysing performance, gauging satisfaction and proactively escalating key issues.
Additionally, you will assist with new retailer rollouts, making suggestions for change and process improvement based on experience and learning, plus dealing with any support initiatives as and when required.
● Excellent phone manner.
● Previous experience in a customer service role.
● Have strong relationship building skills.
● Be organised, with a proven track record of achieving quality results.
● Be able to manage and control data and information.
● Be a strong communicator who is able to engage with a variety of audiences.
● Have a proven ability to create links across teams to share best practices.
● Have strong IT skills and a knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
● Be flexible about your working arrangements as the role may involve travel to other areas of the UK, and the occasional evening work.
● Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software. Experience using Salesforce is advantageous.
● Be degree educated or Have a strong career history doing similar roles in any sector.
● Understanding of the ‘not for profit’ sector
● Previous experience of working with food waste in an academic or professional setting is advantageous.