Kentish Town City Farm is 45 years old, and was the first City Farm in the UK, as well as being the birthplace of the Federation of City Farms & Community Gardens. We have a strong history and amazing connection to our local communities.
After a challenging few years, we are now looking ambitiously to the future, and to exciting plans to further develop our services and facilities for the benefit of our local community. We want to attract an experienced manager who shares our values and mission, and has the right mix of skills to help to take our organisation to the next level.
- Financial management, including budgeting, petty cash, and processing every day transactions through QuickBooks.
- Together with the CEO, to represent the farm with external stakeholders, and develop effective working relationships.
- To manage part of our staff & volunteer team, as directed, including overall staff rota.
- To contribute towards the fundraising strategy & targets, including trusts & foundations, corporate and individual fundraising.
- Lead on the communications for the farm, including managing a re-brand with the CEO.
- Develop and update policies & procedures as required, ensuring legal compliance & best practice. Communicate these policies to staff & volunteers, ensuring that they shape & inform our work.
- Lead on ensuring compliance with data protection, including update of existing procedures.
- Lead on achieving the London Youth Quality Mark, working with our Development Officer.
- Updating & improving administrative systems across the farm, to enhance organisational efficiency & resilience.
- Lead on management of premises, working with staff members, contractors & volunteers as required.
- Lead on procurement across the organisation, ensuring value for money, and that all supplies are available as required to the team.
- Ensure regulatory paperwork for farm activities is completed as required.
- Develop monitoring & evaluation systems for core and new projects, working with the CEO & Development Officer.
- Manage projects as directed by the CEO.
This is an initial 6 month contract, which may be extended subject to funding.
Interviews will be held Wednesday 12th July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.