The role requires you to bridge the gap between being hands-on and operating at a strategic level. You will line manage, mentor and coach the Policy & Research team, with three team members. At the same time, you will be hands-on securing new partnerships and funding for Fashion Revolution’s policy advocacy and campaigning work.
● Be the organisational lead for policy and campaigning, maintaining intelligence on latest relevant legislation and campaigning strategies and tactics
● Act as team lead on strategy implementation of the 2022-2027 organisational strategy.
● Working closely with the Directors and the Comms & Creative team to drive the voice of Fashion Revolution on specific campaign matters
● Engage with the CIC Members Group and contribute to its meetings
● Provide counsel and advice on all matters related to policy, research, campaigning and the organisation’s reputation and relationships
● Provide advice and guidance on policy and campaigning to the Global Network, working closely with the Global Network Manager
● Be a proactive ambassador and key spokesperson for Fashion Revolution
● Oversee team to deliver the FTI global, Brazil, ECI; COSME, ECF and any incoming projects
● Act as the team lead on various policy engagements including the EU textile strategy. In 2023, this role will also need to develop the Fashion Revolution EU advocacy strategy.
● Oversee and sign off any budget, expenditure and financial activity related to the policy team, including reviewing and signing any contracts, partnership agreements and invoices
● Oversee, with ultimate responsibility, and support / help put together grant bids that include policy team projects or led by policy team work
● Oversee the team's working hours in Tsheets, sign off holiday requests and anything related to their working hours and working environment
● Mentor and provide guidance and supportive, nurturing environment to the team to enable them to do grow and do their best work
● Act as the policy team's voice and champion at leadership- level in decision-making
● Lead reporting on policy teams activities for the Laudes, ECF, ECI and other policy team grants ECI: Good Clothes, Fair Pay campaign Overall project coordination
● Ensure that the ECI project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
● Ensure the project campaign work is communicated to the committees and project donors
● Manage external contractors and contributors including legal support, political outreach support and project intern
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including all documentation for meetings, minutes and actions, and strategy reports Manage the political outreach strategy of the campaign
● Work with our political consultant on the outreach strategy in terms of which MEPs and other stakeholders to approach and our messaging towards them
● Manage key political relationships. Coordinate the ECI committees
● Arrange monthly Citizens’ Committee meetings, send an agenda, facilitate the meeting and lead any follow up actions.
● Ensure the Citizens’ Committee are updated from a campaign and content perspective and equipped to represent the ECI.
● Arrange bi-monthly Steering Committee meetings, send an agenda, facilitate the meeting and lead any follow up actions ● Ensure the Steering Committee are updated from a project governance and content perspective and can guide the project.
● Provide quarterly budget updates to the Steering Committee.
● Respond to all committee member requests in a timely manner. ● Arrange committee members costs and travel where relevant
● Oversee all external and internal project and communications and messaging alongside the committees and relevant partners including messaging towards different campaign audiences, Coordinate Donor Relations
● Lead fortnightly project team meetings with ASN Bank updating them on project progress and highlighting any challenges.
● Lead financial reporting, compiling budgets from Fair Wear, Fashion Revolution and others to report on overall project finances
● Ensure contractual commitments are met with ASN and Laudes
● Respond to Laudes request for updates, reporting and progress on Laudes rubrics reporting Partner Outreach
● Support the campaign team with new partner outreach
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.