Working with partners across Africa, Asia and the Middle East, Feba is all about the creative use of radio and other audio media to inspire people to follow Jesus Christ. We have a particular focus on ‘closed countries’ and ‘hard-to-reach’ people groups, including places where Christians face persecution for their faith.
We are expanding our Supporter Engagement team and this role works alongside others in the team, developing direct marketing campaigns that engage and inspire people to donate. You’ll create, plan and manage activities to deepen the relationships with existing supporters and develop new ones.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, creating and managing direct marketing and wider fundraising campaigns, both online and offline.
- Implementing and delivering an annual giving strategy that is biblically-based.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of fundraising activity, to inform decision making.
- Working with the Supporter Relations team to ensure the highest level of supporter care.
You will have:
- A clear demonstrable personal Christian faith and a commitment to Feba’s ministry.
- Experience of developing and implementing digital appeals and campaigns.
- Proven success in supporter acquisition and retention through direct marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a fluent writing style.
- Substantial experience of creating engaging and inspiring content online and offline.
Salary: £32-35,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Hybrid working (office currently in Worthing)
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 14th February 2022
First interviews: Week beginning 28th February 2022 (TBC)
For more information and application details, please visit the website:
All applicants must be wholeheartedly committed to the aims, ethos and values of Feba. Please note that this post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed evangelical Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.