Feedback is an environmental charity working to reduce the impact humans have on the planet and regenerate nature by transforming the food system. We are the only UK environmental campaigning charity working specifically on food systems issues. We are an independent voice regularly called upon by businesses, governments and civil society across the UK to provide evidence and advice on issues like nutrition-sensitive land use, industrial animal farming (including aquaculture), food waste, and regional food economies.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we embark on our new strategy.
We would welcome an application from you if you are/have:
- Passionate about food which is good for the planet and good for people, (preferably with an understanding of one or more relevant farming, food and/or environmental issues)
- Attuned to the culture and dynamics of an evolving NGO seeking radical change
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, share our values and have sound judgement and integrity
- Experience of chairing a committee or similar entity and, preferably, of being a charity trustee, SME board member or involvement in an NGO decision-making body
- An understanding of managing financial risks and opportunities in an organisation
- Experience of successful business/organisational management and leadership
- An understanding of influencing policy and campaigning, and/or fundraising
- A strong team player who possesses tact and diplomacy
- Able to commit 1-2 days on average per month
This is an unsalaried position. Appropriate expenses associated with travel, etc will be reimbursed by the charity.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 9th December 2021
A shortlist of candidates will be selected for interview by a committee from the trustees, including Cathy Johnson and Darren Hughes.
Interviews will be held towards the end of December and early January. Thursday 13th January has been reserved for interviews, but we will hold them sooner if we can.
We may invite the preferred candidate to the Board meeting on 3 February 2022.
The recommended candidate for appointment as Chair will then be considered for ratification by the full Board.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.