Feedback is an environmental organisation that campaigns to regenerate nature by ending food waste and moving towards a better use of food, resources and nutrients within the food system. We work with governments, international institutions, businesses, NGOs, grassroots organisations and the public to change culture, markets and legislation for a fairer, more sustainable food system.
We are a friendly team, priding ourselves on maintaining a positive and values-led organisation. We aim to provide a flexible working environment with a good work/life balance and we welcome interest from candidates who are returning to work after maternity leave, career breaks or career changes.
Days: Flexible, with a preference for 3 days (22.5 hours) per week with the possibility of overtime at busy periods We are fully committed to being as flexible as possible so would consider term time only or shorter days (such as school hours or other) over the full week
Duration: Initially a 1 year contract with strong possibility of renewal/permanent role
Location: Currently remote in line with the government’s COVID 19 guidelines; usually office in London Fields ,Hackney, with a planned move to an office in Blackhorse Road (Victoria Line), Waltham Forest by then end of the year, with possibility for some home working
1. Assistance to the finance team (approx. 35% of time))
a) Accounting Systems (Xero and Receiptbank):
In relation to Xero, maintaining financial records and data accurately and within agreed systems, to include:
- Raising sundry invoices and entering suppliers’ invoices, ensuring that they are properly coded, authorised and paid.
- Keeping a diary to ensure that invoices for project funding are raised on time.
- To monitor and ensure prompt payment of invoices (within terms) and to monitor amounts due to the organisation.
- Supporting staff with the correct usage of Receipt Bank and other expense processing and ensuring that expenses are uploaded in a timely manner.
b) Online Banking system:
- Processing BACS payments for expenses and maintaining accurate records of authorisation and notification to the payees.
- Assisting the Senior Finance Co-Ordinator with month end bank reconciliations.
- Banking admin duties – updating mandates etc.
- Assisting the Senior Finance Co-ordinator to maintain and keep updated the organisation’s timesheets
- Providing support to the Senior Finance Co-Ordinator and Finance Director by providing analyses and other information from the accounting system as required.
- Other Finance duties commensurate with the role as requested by the Senior Finance Co-Ordinator and Finance Director.
2. Assistance to the Operations Manager (approx. 45% of time)
- General office administration including stationery orders, processing incoming and outgoing mail and dealing with general departmental emails and telephone calls as appropriate, managing printers and stationery
- Assisting with the organisation of events, including booking meeting rooms and assisting with the logistical planning and management of meetings, away days and other events
- Supporting the Operations Manager with staff recruitment and maintaining systems and procedures for all stages of the recruitment process, including new starter and leavers processes
- Updating staff handbooks and policies on a regular basis
- Assisting with the day to day IT support for the team
- Proactively participating in the development of administration systems and processes
commensurate with the role as requested by the Operations Manager and Executive Director.
3. Acting as the Personal Assistant to the Executive Director (approx. 15% of time)
- Supporting the Executive Director with PA duties such as diary scheduling and organising meetings email management assistance, booking travel
- Supporting the Executive Director with other administrative tasks as requested, such as expenses, timesheets, printing etc
4.Supporting other members of the SMT and senior colleagues (approx. 5% of time)
- Supporting other senior colleagues as requested with ad hoc administrative tasks
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times throughout all duties and responsibilities.
- The ability to work to deadlines, while remaining well-organised.
- Good IT skills including intermediate Excel and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- The ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Enthusiastic about being part of a busy and fast-moving office
- Proactive and able to take the initiative when necessary
- Efficient and able to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Supportive of Feedback’s mission to regenerate nature by transforming the food system
- Identify with Feedback’s values- bold, collaborative, celebratory, impact-driven, inspiring
- Experience of working in a small charity environment, particularly an international charity running a number of restricted projects.
- Bookkeeping and/or financial administration experience
- Experience in using Xero or other comparable cloud-based accounting package
- A strong interest in the environment and/or food and farming
- Numeracy and literacy commensurate with the role.
- Ability to act on own initiative and organise personal workloads effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Feedback.
Deadline: 5pm 12th June
Notification of interviews – during the week commencing 15th June
Interviews will be held 24th June
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.