- Can you lead strategic and collaborative change in the social sector?
- Are you able to influence and galvanise the efforts of external stakeholders across councils, government, local funders, corporates, businesses, charities and community interest groups?
- Are you willing to do the following: work outside your comfort zone; manage multiple workstreams and projects; ‘get your hands dirty’ once in a while; drive and produce high quality work in a self-imposed high-pace environment?
- Can you identify issues, source solutions and bring commercial acumen to the portfolio of work that you have established?
Feeding Bristol’s vision is to reduce food insecurity at a systemic level across our city. We work with a well-established social sector acting as an umbrella organisation to support the sector’s efficiency and effectiveness. Since its inception (only two years ago) our charity has delivered significantly beyond its means and plans to continue to do so. To lead us through our next phase of development, Feeding Bristol is looking for a new Director to replace the incumbent who is moving back home overseas.
Theory of Change – Our strategy:
In January 2020, we updated our Theory of Change to reflect the evolving food landscape and the learnings we had taken from our first 2 years of operation. The COVID-19 crisis has emphasised the importance of the role and the purpose of Feeding Bristol given the expected increased level of food insecurity due to a significantly weakening economy.
The Theory of Change can be found on our website.
Hours: Full-time (part-time may be considered)
Salary: £36,000 gross annual salary + 32 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
Reports directly to the Chair/Board of Trustees
The Director Role:
As Director, you will work closely with the Chair and Board of Trustees to develop, implement and evaluate the strategic plans for the organisation. One of your key objectives will be to ensure that the work of Feeding Bristol is accessible, of the highest quality, and contributes effectively to the sector and to alleviating food insecurity across our city.
- Deliver an ambitious, aspirational and innovative strategy that has clearly measurable impacts and delivers systemic change
- Identify, develop and maintain positive external partnerships
- Influence and galvanise the efforts of multiple external stakeholders across councils, government, local funders, corporates, businesses, charities and community interest groups to lead strategic and collaborative change
- Attract funds and manage the financial budget of the charity
- Manage a number of diverse and wide-ranging work streams concurrently and effectively
- Be the driver for activity of the charity
- Inspire, lead and develop your team and a team of volunteers
- Demonstrable track record of operating at a Director level with leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience in the food, food-related or charity / third sector
- Experience in driving positive and distinctive change in an organisation or sector
- Proven experience of financial management of a charity, social enterprise or business and working with/setting budgets
- Ability to maximise the use and impact of all available resources
Important Background Information:
COVID-19: We are currently leading the strategic city-wide crisis food solution for feeding the economically vulnerable throughout this COVID-19 pandemic. This work has reflected our ability and willingness to pivot the organisation’s focus to the critical needs of the time. As a strategic leader, who will be expected to focus on the long-term implications of decisions made, you will also need to be capable of ‘flicking the switch’ from programme management to crisis resolution if, and when, it occurs – such as we have done now, and during the summer school holidays of 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.