Feeding Britain is seeking to appoint a full-time Project Manager who will lead on the successful implementation of the organisation’s new and existing projects, as well as the design of additional ones, to prevent and relieve hunger and malnutrition in the United Kingdom. The Project Manager will be employed for an initial 12-month period, with the possibility of a further 12-month extension.
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will include:
- Developing and adhering to business plans, budgets, evaluations, and strategies for maximising the effectiveness of Feeding Britain’s projects
- Overseeing and supporting the day-to-day operation of projects ranging from Citizens’ Supermarkets and Healthy Holidays to Kickstart job placements
- Working closely with local partners to ensure each project is delivered to funders’ expectations while, crucially, being flexible enough to reflect local circumstances
- Together with the National Director, constantly seeking opportunities to propose and find ideas for new projects that fulfil the founding purpose of Feeding Britain
- Spreading through the Feeding Britain network of towns, cities, and counties our self-grown ideas and building up sufficient resources for their implementation - by drafting national and regional funding bids, for example
- Managing part-time staff
- Maintaining Feeding Britain's online presence through website and social media content
- Undertaking other ad hoc tasks where necessary
Feeding Britain is looking for an individual with strong organisational abilities, good IT skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, who is committed to the organisation’s mission of ensuring everybody in this country has the necessary resources and opportunities to access and obtain food of sufficient quality. The organisation is seeking someone with proven experience of managing multiple projects and budgets.
Feeding Britain’s Project Manager will report to the National Director and work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer to coordinate and implement the different strands of the organisation’s work across a growing number of regional partnerships.
Feeding Britain's office is based in London, but the job location can be flexible and is currently remote.