The Field Studies Council (FSC) is the UK’s leading charity sector provider of outdoor environmental education. Much of our work is based at our Field Centres, which have an international reputation for high standards of school and university teaching and associated facilities.
This is a permanent full time position based at FSC Head Office, Nr Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Overall Job purpose:
Working under the direction of the Commercial Director and in line with FSC’s new business strategy, this is a key operational role which will have day-to-day management responsibility for raising funds by researching and applying to appropriate grant-making Trusts and Statutory bodies and growing corporate and individual donors. The post holder will work with relevant stakeholders to develop ideas and projects which are then progressed into funding applications. They will also identify and build partnerships with other agencies to maximise FSC’s access to other funding sources, and will build and manage relationships with funders to increase income generation.
The post will include the need to travel to FSC locations and other venues across the UK and occasionally abroad, and will involve some overnight stays.
· Working with the Commercial Director and the Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver a grant income and fundraising plan for FSC to increase income generation for the charity
· Contributing to the development and management of an annual fundraising budget, agreeing fundraising income targets and expenditure and working to achieve those targets
· Line managing a small team of fundraising officers, including carrying out personal development reviews in line with FSC procedures, and where necessary managing and supporting a team of fundraising volunteers
· Communicating the charity’s funding needs in a clear, consistent way to potential trust funders through high quality funding applications, face to face meetings and presentations
· Building and maintaining strong, long term relationships with Trusts, Foundations and other institutional funders
· Working with Heads of Group and managers to support local fundraising initiatives and regional priorities
· Developing and managing a database of Trust and Statutory funders
· Developing and implementing initiatives to grow corporate and individual donors
· Researching and staying abreast of changes and developments in the funding landscape; keeping up to date with funding opportunities from public sector funding streams including local and central government
· Attending networking events and meetings with potential donors and partners
· Preparing reports and giving presentations on fundraising progress to the senior leadership team and the trustee board as and when required
- Holidays - 28 day inc bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
For further details and to apply please visit our website
The closing date for receipt of your completed application will be 12 noon on Monday 16 March 2020
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Head Office on Friday 27 March 2020
Please note we do not accept CV’s without a completed application form.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £30,012.00 to £35,790.00 /year
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.