Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) is an independent charitable trust who work to promote, manage, and maintain Fife’s exceptional outdoor spaces. We are an organisation driven by a passion for Fife’s natural heritage and a commitment to promoting understanding and care for the natural environment through outdoor learning; and are currently seeking a ‘Head of Conservation & Engagement’ who will be an integral part in driving our work forward. We believe that our people are our greatest asset and look to employ individuals who bring a positive, energetic, constructive, and committed attitude to the workplace.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills in English, and the ability to work effectively as part of a close-knit team. Managing multiple demands and prioritizing effectively will be essential in leading and inspiring your team in the development and delivery of the FCCT’s Conservation and Engagement Plan.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate the ability to think creatively and strategically at a senior level, and have experience managing diverse teams with broad ranging objectives.
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in a subject relevant to the post;
- Experience of managing staff and a demonstrable ability to lead, motivate, and develop diverse teams;
- Build strong and effective community partnerships and stakeholder relationships representing the Trust as appropriate.
- Build partnerships to support the Trust’s environmental and access agendas ensuring we add value rather than duplicate effort.
- Experience of project and budget management with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget;
- A clear ability to take initiative, support a vision and drive innovative approaches to influence the actions of others;
- A full UK driving licence or access to a driver if disability prevents driving.
This post is a full-time (36 hours per week) permanent post with an annual salary from £36,473 - £44,282. Work will be delivered over a five-day week but may include some evening and weekend work as required. Additional benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement of 24 days (rising to 29 days after the completion of 5 years of service) plus 8 days Public Holiday;
- Competitive pension contribution;
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Access to training and professional development;
- Flexible working.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.