UKCF is seeking someone to lead the provision of efficient financial accounting functions & information systems for UKCF & our members.
At UK Community Foundations, we are passionate about supporting communities. We want local philanthropy to be the norm, and our vision is that communities are able to help all those in need. We are looking for a Finance Manager to help us deliver this vision.
You will be either part qualified or a recently qualified accountant who is looking for an opportunity to develop and put into practice their skills in a busy but rewarding environment. If you share our belief in local communities, are committed to learning and excellence, and work well as part of a team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Internal and external reporting of financial information to internal staff team and stakeholders (including Board of Trustees)
- Information management and financial planning, including supporting the budget process
- Treasury management, including checking transactions and cash flow projections
- Financial systems and controls, including managing accounting and CRM systems
- Regulatory responsibilities, including preparing information for audits and tax returns to HMRC
- Bookkeeping, including processing invoices and expense claims using SAGE, maintain petty cash system, produce weekly supplier payment runs, and more
Key person specifications
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer focused (internal and external customers)
- Working co-operatively across teams, providing guidance and assistance as necessary
- A commitment to excellence
- A passion for supporting local communities help those in greatest need
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and can be amended from time to time as the needs of the organisation require.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are also committed to flexible working.
We reserve the right to close the post early should we receive a high number of applications. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible before the closing date.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.