Are you ready to use your accountancy qualification in meaningful work? Viva helps children at risk and those who are caring for them. This is a great role for someone who likes to be part of a team and there will be occasional travel involved. We need you to work with our people in various countries to ensure our finances are transparent, accurate and understood by all. So you will be able to communicate financial matters to non-financial members of staff as well as report to the Leadership Team and donors when required. Below are some of the responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for accounting systems and book-keeping within the Oxford office and closely supervise financial accounting in the US and Hong Kong offices
- Produce consolidated monthly management accounts for the Leadership Team and Board
- Ensure the QuickBooks system is reconciled on a monthly basis
- Champion accuracy in coding, assist Managers in becoming effective budget holders, and produce monthly reports for managers of performance against budget
- Process expense claims and invoices aligned to internal controls and processes.
- Process foreign transfers including transfers to overseas offices
- Oversee the gift aid and VAT operations and prepare the relevant returns
- At the year-end, support the Finance Director to consolidate accounts from the other offices and prepare the statement of accounts and audit file
- Support the Finance Director in preparing the annual Viva budget in consultation with the Leadership Team and other budget holders
- Support Cash flow planning and forecasts to ensure effective cash management
- Monitor spending on grants against budget and ensure that appropriate systems are in place and support the Network Development Team to ensure financial reports for grants are prepared by deadlines
- Have responsibility for petty cash payments and reconciliations.
- Administer Payroll and make all payments and returns to HMRC
- Renew insurance policies and related contracts as required
To enable you to thrive in this role you will have an accountancy qualification (minimum AAT Level 3 or working towards one) with financial management experience. You will have high attention to detail and be happy to be hands on, working to audit as well as handling petty cash and liaising with people of diverse cultures and nationalities. You will also be a people person, want to be part of our friendly and committed team and to be comfortable working with Viva's Christian ethos, mission and values.
To apply: If being part of an organisation doing something positive to help children appeals to you, please return a completed application form by THURSDAY 09 MARCH. All details are on our website where you will find the application form and full job description. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 21 March 2017. We look forward to hearing from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.