We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Major Donor fundraiser to join our small team and make a big difference. The Major Donor Manager will grow revenue from Individuals working with a pool of warm and cold prospects. You will need to develop close relationships with potential prospects that will result in them becoming long term, committed donors to the charity.
This is a new role which will play a key part in Fine Cell Work’s future development. We are a small team and the ability to work in collaboration with all departments, stakeholders and Trustees at all levels is essential. Being a team is key to our success as an organisation.
The role of the Major Donor Manager is:
- To connect with, nurture and develop Fine Cell Work’s existing supporter base in order to enhance the donor journey and help increase support for the charity.
- To identify and introduce new individuals and manage those relationships to ensure that they become long term donors and ambassadors for the charity.
- Work with the Events team to maximise fundraising generated by events and how they can best address the expectations of the major donors. This will include identifying appropriate events committee members.
- Work with the staff and Trustees to develop and maintain a consistent message and “ask” for the charity.
- Work with the fundraising team where these introductions overlap with Trusts, Foundations and Corporations and prepare applications if required.
- Use the database to segment and classify donors to ensure appeals are accurately targeted and manage all aspects of the appeals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meeting or exceeding annual fundraising and donation targets .
- Develop and maintain the donor journey for all types of supporter.
- Introduce new major donors and maintain relationships with existing major donors to maximise their giving.
- Advise on and secure major donors for events and work with the team to ensure that major donors’ aspirations are met. This includes recruiting events Chairs and committee members.
- Oversee the operation of the donor database (Salesforce) to ensure that the various classes of donor are approached in an appropriate and effective manner to encourage donations.
- Engage with the existing regular givers to move along the donor journey and encourage new regular giving.
- Head up the running of appeals and the way they are targeted.
- Regular meetings with the Founding Director who works with Trusts and Foundations to ensure that overlapping opportunities are identified, including working on grant applications if required.
- Develop and maintain monthly reporting packages including donations received and anticipated, major donors secured, major donors identified, strategies and resources needed.
- Develop and maintain an engagement pack that can be used by staff and Trustees when new opportunities arise.
- Any other duties as may be required to ensure the charity can fulfil its responsibilities which will include attending necessary out of hours events
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A proven record of successfully securing major donations of 5-6 figure gifts.
- The ability to effectively articulate what can sometimes be a difficult message given the charity beneficiaries.
- The ability to work well and engage with a wide range of stakeholders including those at a senior level.
- The flexibility to attend meetings and events outside of regular office hours.
- The ability to manage sensitive donor relationships, including identifying and satisfying their giving aspirations.
- Experience of using a donor/CRM database to maximise its functionality and potential.
- Be able to keep up to date with current issues and developments within the prison and post release environment in order to be able to respond effectively to challenging questions.
- The enthusiasm and communication skills to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse data and produce clear reports.
- Excellent, demonstrable presentational, verbal and written skills
- Excellent IT skills
- An interest in working in the criminal justice sector.
- An interest in needlework.
- An interest in design.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter outlining how your experience is suited to the role and why you are applying. Please note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
The deadline for applicants is 9am on Monday 6th September 2021. However, this is a rolling interview process so we will interview suitable candidates as they come in and may close applications early if we find the right person. Please note that Charity Job only allows us to advertise for one month at a time, hence the discrepancy in the dates.
Please send us your CV and a brief covering letter explaining how your experience matches the job criteria and why you are applying. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.