First Give inspires young people to make a difference to the causes they care about. We do this through working in partnership with secondary schools, providing a fully resourced scheme of work that guides an entire year group of students to engage with local charities and causes and then carry out social action (fundraising, raising awareness, campaigning, volunteering etc) in support of them.
At the end of each programme, a celebratory School Final is held at each school, where teams representing each class deliver presentations about their projects. The class considered to have engaged the best with the programme secures a First Give grant of £1,000 for their chosen charity. By the end of the programme, however, the whole year group will have given back meaningfully to their local community.
First Give Administrator
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated administrator to join us. The successful candidate will provide support across all the functions of the organisation, including working alongside the Programmes Team, Partnerships Communications Team and providing administrative support to the Director and SLT. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a positive, supportive team and be part of the work of an inspirational organisation.
4 days’ pro rata (or 09.30-3.30pm) – we are willing to be flexible regarding how the time is structured
£19,200 (based on £24,000 full time)
Hybrid (in the office 3 days a week. Again, we are flexible regarding the specific days but would like them to be fixed once agreed)
22.5 days’ annual leave
- Overseeing First Give’s school-facing financial administration:
- Reviewing and identifying outstanding invoices;
- Contacting school finance offices and business managers to remind of payments due and request them;
- Track payments made on Salesforce;
- Provide regular monthly reports on payment process to the Director
- Administering First Give’s charity grants to the charities who have won grants as part of our programme:
- Contacting winning charities (email/phone call) to inform them and collect their payment details;
- Uploading this information to Salesforce;
- Providing details to an external accountant for payment;
- Keeping records of payments processed up to date;
- Running reports on payments on a monthly basis for the Director
- Overseeing the processes to secure audio/visual assets for First Give (photography/videography):
- Booking, liaising with and managing photographers/videographers on a contract basis;
- Arranging consent from students, teachers and other participants;
- Monitoring consent approval to ensure First Give always complies with best practice in Safeguarding and GDPR;
- Reviewing and selecting the best photographs from an event and ensuring all photography is stored securely
- Providing support to the team to secure volunteers from the community to attend our School Finals as VIP judges:
- Liaising with Programme Managers regarding upcoming School Finals;
- Communicating with local community figures (e.g. councillors, Mayors, MPs, local business people);
- Keeping records of attendance on Salesforce
- Providing basic office administration/management:
- Managing First Give’s physical resources (held in our West Hampstead office), ensuring we have enough programme documents and equipment to resource the programme and re-stocking as necessary;
- Executing mail outs to schools or facilitators as needed;
- Providing reprographics support;
- Monitoring First Give’s central email [email protected] email inbox
- Providing support to the First Give team, primarily the SLT, e.g. venue research, hire and small scale event co-ordination to support the team (e.g. Away Days etc.)
There may be opportunities for the successful candidate, if interested, to contribute to First Give’s social media work (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.) and to support the production of blog pieces and case studies.
- Passionate about young people and their potential to drive social change
- Highly organised with excellent time management and task prioritisation skills
- Evidence of ability to work independently, while responding to guidance and feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a hybrid setting, with a majority remote-networked team
- Comfortable using full MS Office suite (MS Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
- Able to work ‘on location’ in our office in North West London 3 days’ a week
- Experience of using Salesforce to process data and provide reports (if not, we will provide training)
- Experience of providing administrative support in a similar organisation
- Able to produce copy/content appropriate for social media and/or external audiences
Interviews will take place W/C 18th July, likely Tuesday 19th July. These will be in person at our West Hampstead office.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.