First Give inspires young people to make a difference to the causes they care about. We aim to support the next generation to be socially conscious and community-minded, with the skills and confidence to drive social change.
We do this by working in partnership with secondary schools to deliver the First Give programme, providing a fully resourced scheme of work that guides an entire year group of students to engage with local charities and causes and then carry out social action (fundraising, raising awareness, campaigning, volunteering etc) in support of them. At the end of each programme, a celebratory School Final is held at each school, where teams representing each class deliver presentations about their projects. The class considered to have engaged the best with the programme secures a First Give grant of £1,000 for their chosen charity. By the end of the programme, however, the whole year group will have given back meaningfully to their local community.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, looking to open up our delivery to more parts of England and Wales. We are seeking a Partnerships and Communications Lead to drive this element of our work. This is a sales role.
The Partnerships and Communications Lead is responsible for design and implementation of the school sales and marketing strategy for First Give, working with a motivated team to achieve ambitious targets in order to engage schools to deliver the First Give programme across England and Wales. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate who is looking to expand their leadership skills and take ownership of a complex sales project. You will be an excellent communicator, with highly developed independent working and a positive, proactive attitude.
Location: Working from home for now, with travel to schools across England and Wales once restrictions allow it. Regular travel to London for team meetings will be required. Should the successful candidate live in London we are able to offer desk space in our office in North West London.
Other requirements of the role: Must have access to a car and a full clean driving licence. A car allowance is provided
NB First Give is committed to the safety and welfare of children and young people. We follow Safer Recruitment Guidelines. Any offer of employment is subject to reference and DBS checks.
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays. First Give closes between Christmas and New Year and this time off is given to staff gratis. You will also be able to take your birthday off in addition to this.
- Pension of 5% following probation period
- Where appropriate, a work from home allowance will be provided
- Generous CPD budget
Marketing and sales:
- Selling the First Give programme to secondary schools in England and Wales
- Develop sales strategies and approaches to market the First Give programme to secondary schools across England and Wales
- Design new, and develop existing, marketing and lead-generation campaigns for the First Give programme, especially to engage and attract new schools to our work
- Work with the Programmes team to develop and implement nuanced regional strategies for programme sign up, with an emphasis on growth in targeted areas as necessary
- Develop relationships with key partners such as multi-academy trusts to secure wider partnership working
- Develop and implement a strategy to re-engage schools who have lapsed in their participation on the First Give programme
- Build relationships and networks across the education sector (for example regional Teacher groups, Local Authorities, Headteacher groups etc.) to increase profile and support sales
- Manage sales and marketing expenditure to budget
- Analyse trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance using Salesforce
- Help to interview, hire, manage, and direct members of First Give’s P&C team as and when this is needed
- Co-ordinating FG’s external communications including liaising with PR, social media, newsletters
- Oversight of First Give’s brand identity across various print and digital platforms
- Oversight of First Give’s website and other digital assets
- Passionate about young people and their potential to drive social change
- Proven track record of success of selling products into the secondary school market or similar
- Experience of design and implementation of creative and effective marketing strategies
- A developed and commercial understanding of the secondary education market in England and Wales
- Experience of excellent stakeholder management and relationship building
- Experience of collating and analysing sales data effectively in order to drive growth
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to deliver concise, engaging and persuasive presentations
- Experience of managing external communications (eg, website, PR, comms) in order to achieve results
- Proactive, independent worker able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Experience of working successfully within a remote decentralised team
- Experience of using Salesforce in order to track and analyse data
- Experience of building relationships with stakeholders of all levels
Applications close 5pm 23rd December 2020
Please note that the First Give office is closed from Friday 18th December 2020 and nobody will be available to respond to questions regarding this role after that date.
Candidates who will be invited to interview will be notified on 8th January 2021
Interviews: 14th and/or 15th January 2021 (whether in person or via videolink tbc)
To apply, please fill out the form linked below, part of which will require a covering statement asking for details of your suitability for the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.