First Give is an educational charity seeking to inspire young people to make a positive difference to the causes they care about.
First Give works in partnership with secondary schools, providing a fully resourced scheme of work that guides an entire year group of students to engage with local charities and then inspires them to carry out social action (fundraising, raising awareness, campaigning, volunteering etc) in support of their chosen cause.
At the end of each programme, a celebratory School Final is held at each school, where teams representing each class deliver presentations about their projects. The class considered to have engaged the best with the programme wins a £1,000 grant for their chosen charity, but the ultimately the whole year group has given back meaningfully to their local community.
First Give is on the cusp of national expansion. We need a visionary Partnerships and Communications expert to join our dynamic charity. This is a sales role.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the design and implementation of the school sales and marketing strategy for the national organisation. Working with a motivated team you will achieve ambitious targets in order to engage schools to deliver the First Give programme and inspire a generation. You will be self-motivated, driven and excited to expand your leadership skills and take ownership of a complex sales project. You will be an excellent communicator, with highly developed independent working and a positive, proactive attitude.
Contract: Permanent; full time
Salary: £35-37k + London weighting if appropriate
Reporting to: Director
Location: Flexible – we can offer desk space in our London office or the successful candidate can work from home if they are not based in London. Where an employee does not work in London, they should expect regular travel to London to attend team meetings.
The role will require travel and this may include driving and access to a car, in which instance First Give provides a car allowance. This will be discussed with candidates further along the application process.
NB First Give is committed to the safety and welfare of children and young people. We follow Safer Recruitment Guidelines. Any offer of employment is subject to reference and DBS checks.
25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays. First Give closes between Christmas and New Year and this time off is given to staff gratis.
Pension of 5% following successful completion of probation period.
Marketing and sales:
- Selling the First Give programme to secondary schools in England and Wales
- Develop sales strategies and approaches to market the First Give programme to secondary schools across England and Wales
- Design new, and develop existing, marketing and lead-generation campaigns for the First Give programme, especially to engage and attract new schools to our work
- Work with the Programmes team to develop and implement nuanced regional strategies for programme sign up, with an emphasis on growth in targeted areas as necessary
- Develop relationships with key partners such as multi-academy trusts to secure wider partnership working
- Develop and implement a strategy to re-engage schools who have lapsed in their participation on the First Give programme
- Build relationships and networks across the education sector (for example regional Teacher groups, Local Authorities, Headteacher groups etc.) to increase profile and support sales
- Manage sales and marketing expenditure to budget
- Analyse trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance using Salesforce
- Help to interview, hire, manage, and direct members of First Give’s Partnerships & Communications team as and when this is needed
- Co-ordinating First Give’s external communications including liaising with PR, social media, newsletters
- Oversight of First Give’s brand identity across various print and digital platforms
- Oversight of First Give’s website and other digital assets
- Passionate about young people and their potential to drive social change
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven track record of success of selling products into the secondary school market or similar
- Experience of design and implementation of creative and effective marketing strategies
- A developed and commercial understanding of the secondary education market in England and Wales
- Experience of excellent stakeholder management and relationship building
- Experience of collating and analysing sales data effectively in order to drive growth
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to deliver concise, engaging and persuasive presentations
- Experience of managing external communications (eg, website, PR, comms) in order to achieve results
- Proactive, independent worker able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Experience of working successfully within a remote decentralised team
- Experience of using Salesforce in order to track and analyse data
- Experience of building relationships with stakeholders of all levels
Applications close: 18th March 2020
Interviews: 31st March 2020, to be held at our London offices
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.