Be part of an exciting charity and support the engagement of over 30,000 young people in social action in Greater London and Wales
First Give is working in 140 secondary schools in the Greater London area and 50 schools in South Wales this academic year. This means that First Give will help around 30,000 young people give their time and talent to improve their communities through a fully-resourced and interactive programme.
For further information about the programme, please visit our website
Position: Full-time, contract (2nd January 2018 – 31st December 2018), reporting to the Director
Salary: £22k + up to 5% matched pension following successful probation
Location: West Hampstead, NW6, London
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To support the smooth delivery of the programme in schools, including assisting with the collection of school contributions, managing the distribution of charity grants, administration of Salesforce systems and other databases
- To develop and grow First Give’s online presence through its website and social media
- To engage high profile community judges for First Give Finals
- To encourage charities to support the Programme and its wider aims
- To support with the recruitment of new schools onto the Programme
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail and experience of writing online and hard copy to a high level
- Experience of working in administrative roles with excellent organisational and IT skills
- Understanding of British secondary educational system and how schools operate
- Experience of social media channels, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- An understanding of how a small organisation operates
- Experience of working with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Experience of working with young people or in education
- Experience of writing press releases and case studies for external publication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to confidently engage with a range of stakeholders
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter. Covering letters should be no longer than 1 side of A4 paper and should address how you specifically meet the requirements of the role outlined above.
Interviews will be on 7th December.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.