We are an educational charity that works in secondary schools across England and Wales. We partner with schools to deliver our programme which inspires young people to make a positive difference to causes they care about.
Background to the role:
We have grown in Wales over the last three years and plan to continue to do so, as well as reach more schools in Bristol, Gloucestershire, Bath and North Somerset where we are already developing relationships. This new role in our team in Wales has been developed in order to support this growth. We have a really exciting future ahead of us and this role will be the 7th full time role in the organisation. We don’t want to over define the role.
What will you be doing?:
Your primary role will be to support the recruitment of more schools in Wales and the West. You will do this through supporting the delivery of the First Give programme in schools across the region. This means the role will be really varied and of course it will develop over time in partnership with you, your skills and your needs. Initially you will be:
- Helping grow our presence in the region
- Managing a cluster of our prospect schools in Wales and the West and converting them into programme delivery schools
- Delivering the programme in schools i.e. facilitating sessions with our students; this helps with the renewals of schools, too.
- Representing First Give at partner events; typically at Headteacher meetings, exam board days and other events in and around the charity sector
- Supporting our Programme Manager with all First Give school recruitment activities
- General administration that helps the programme run smoothly
We are open to hearing from anyone who believes in our mission of igniting a social conscience in students. We would expect candidates to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Proactive, innovative and collaborative – we want you to be entrepreneurial and to challenge us to do things differently
- Confidence in presenting yourself and an organisation to a variety of stakeholders
- Good communicator both in your writing but also your actual public speaking – a big part of selling First Give is to model our behaviours to those who are thinking of running the programme
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Hungry to learn and develop new skills
Your key skills:
We will work with you to develop your skills in this role but we really think you need to be able to demonstrate the following skills in your application. We are happy for you to use any aspect of your life (volunteering, education, home life etc) where you have developed these skills.
- A comfortable communicator – both in your writing and your speaking
- Some experience of working with young people
- Confident selling an idea or product
- Happy working whilst ‘on the road’
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential.
You will need your own car with business level insurance. We will help contribute to the cost of this by providing an annual allowance of £3,500, paid monthly as a taxable benefit. You do not need to have a car right now, to apply, but you will need to acquire one quite quickly after you start.
What we offer in addition to salary:
- Car Allowance: £3,500 + mileage
- Mobile phone allowance: £30 per month
- Pension: 5% of your salary
- Annual Leave: 25 days PLUS public holidays
- We close for 4 days between Christmas and New Years
- We will allow you take your birthday off
- This means your total annual leave in Year 1 is 38 days.
- We will support you with additional training where you need to help you achieve your ambitions.
Key First Give Dates:
This new post is part funded by a grant from a Foundation.
The grant's purpose is twofold: to address organisational development gaps within the charity, and to enable a person with the right skills mix, talent and work ethic to experience a 12 month Living Wage paid position in a meaningful work role. It includes training and networking opportunities throughout 2020.
To comply with the grant there are some key dates that you will have to attend with your manager. Time off in lieu will be given for these events.
Key Funder dates:
- Launch Conference: 13th – 23rd January 2020* (3-day Residential)
- Action Learning Leadership day: February 2020
- Action Learning Leadership day: April 2020
- Review Event: 15th – 26th June 2020* (3-day Residential)
- Action Learning Leadership day: July 2020
- Conference and showcase event: October 2020 (3-day Residential)
- Action Learning Leadership day: November 2020
*dates are confirmed in the formal offer letter
- First Give closing date: 18/10/19
- First Give interviews: 24/10/19 or 25/10/19
- Successful candidate notified and prospective offer made: 25/10/19
- Paid ½ day training: 28 or 31 October or 1 November
- Regional interview with funder: 4-20/11/19
- Firm offer made: 29/11/19
- Start date: 6/01/20
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.