POST: Partnership Co-ordinator (Freelance)
LOCATION: This will be a remote working role, working from home with the potential for occasional travel for meetings held either in Northampton or London.
REPORTING TO: Director and Head of Fundraising
SALARY: £200 day rate (inclusive of VAT)
HOURS: 24 days, usually to be worked one day per week
CONTRACT END DATE: 31st March 2021
DBS CHECK: Successful applicants will be subject to DBS checks
A fantastic opportunity to support in developing long term relationships and partnerships with various stakeholders on behalf of Fit4Life CIC, supporting the impact and sustainability of our projects that make a difference to the lives of the young people we work with. This role is funded from the Coronavirus Community Support Fund, distributed by The National Lottery Community Fund.
Working closely with colleagues from across the organisation, the Partnerships Co-ordinator will play a lead role in delivering on strategic aims of the organisation as well as driving improvements and maximising opportunities for growth and development. You will build strong working relationships representing Fit4Life CIC in a number of internal and external forums with a focus on (but not limited to) the West Midlands, East Midlands and South East.
The successful applicant will show positive evidence of experience in a partnership role, project management across a broad portfolio with a proven track record in generating income against targets. You will have exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders. Working collaboratively and being a team player are essential skills as well as a driven and self-starter attitude. The successful candidate will understand the balance of being hands-on in order to get things done and working strategically so that Fit4Life CIC meets its long-term objectives.
This will be a remote working role, working from home with occasional travel for meetings held either Northampton or London.
Fit4Life CIC is an equal opportunities employer and as such actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable candidates irrespective of age, disability, hidden disability, race or national origin, religion or belief, gender, gender expression, political view, sexual orientation, medical condition and pregnancy.
At Fit4Life CIC, we focus on positively changing the lives of young people aged between 12-18 years old, from areas of deprivation, and also those that are not in mainstream education. We do this by developing co-created interventions not for young people but with young people – giving young people a voice.
No matter what cards we’ve been dealt in life, everyone should have the opportunity to succeed. It all starts with personal health and self-care. Using physical activity as a vehicle for change, we aim to increase confidence, provide opportunities, use positive role models and ultimately raise the life aspirations of young people we work with.
By working in partnership with community-based organisations who share our aims, we help young people gain that essential initial start in life by improving their health, wellbeing and boosting their life aspirations to help them be the best they can be.
We are recruiting a Partnership Co-Ordinator to join the organisation at an exciting time in the charity’s development. Working across the charity, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, securing and developing partnerships with a variety of local authorities, businesses, brands, potential commissioned and contracted projects to support in generating new projects, income and secure long term strategic partnerships.
This is an exciting, fast-paced role which plays a crucial part in developing long term relationships to engage key stakeholders for the charity all that aim to support our programmes and the difference they make to the lives of the young people we work with.
We are seeking an articulate, self-motivated and proactive individual who is innovative and passionate about making a difference with at least three years’ experience in a partnership role. The candidate will have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills, be a confident communicator and an organised self-starter. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop significant skills.
- To identify, secure and support generation of new business through researching and prospecting new partnerships at a high level, developing tailored approaches to maximise the success of each contact.
- To steward and support all existing relationships to maximise and maintain their support, working with the Director, Head of Fundraising and the Marketing and Communications Officer to develop activities as appropriate.
- To deliver and drive forward the strategy and operational plans for engaging with local authorities, businesses, brands and potential commissioned projects.
- To maintain, develop, grow and maximise support from the existing portfolio of relationships across the organisation.
- To work closely with the Head of Bid Development in creating a pipeline for new business securing funds from organisations and contracted projects.
- To proactively engage key influential individuals who can directly support and promote Fit4Life CIC.
- To ensure all processes and activity is recorded, monitored and evaluated as necessary, recording all details and communications accurately.
- To provide accurate forecasting and budget information to the Director and the Head of Fundraisingensuring targets are achieved, monitoring activity and progress against KPIs.
- To work to agreed targets and KPIs and driving forward the action to ensure that they are met.
- To act as an ambassador for Fit4Life CIC representing the charity at external events, including a wide range of networking protecting and enhancing the organisation’s brands and reputation, acting as a key ambassador for the charity ensuring that our name and reputation are positively viewed within the marketplace.
- To work across the charity on projects to maximise opportunities and utilise skill sets to achieve the organisational strategic goals.
- To embed the values of the organisation into your working practices evidencing this regularly and ensuring this remains a priority.
We are looking for an agile and enthusiastic individual, capable of absorbing key information quickly, as well as the ability to handle a diverse workload in order to meet the fast pace of the organisation. Fit4Life CIC is a small, ambitious charity working to bring about change. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills and work well with a small team who shares our passion for making a difference to the lives of young people in the most need.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Expertise
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a partnership role
- Experience in resource mobilisation and developing relationships, including direct experience of working with third sector organisations
- Experience in developing and writing proposals and arguments, business plans/cases, as well as coordinating multiple inputs from a variety of sources, and simultaneously managing a variety of relationships
- Proven experience of managing relationship in complex organisations with numerous stakeholders
- Proven experience of managing projects in complex organisations with numerous stakeholders
- Creative, critical thinking and project management
- Ability to problem-solve, work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with numerous and competing deadlines
- Ability to handle complex relationships with colleagues, governance and external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Excellent writing, speaking and other communications skills, with thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to provide stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communication when dealing with external organisations, senior colleagues and community members
- Strong IT skills including Word and Excel
- Ability to learn procedures so the charity is compliant with relevant legislation
- Passion for supporting young people in using physical activity to realise their potential
- Experience of working in a small team
- Understanding of risk management
- Experience of client relationship management
- Proven verbal and written communications that can be modified to different situations
- Collaborative team working skills
- Proven negotiating and networking skills with an ability to establish new working partnership
- Adaptable and resilient to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed goals, targets and outcomes
- Respectful of diversity; sensitive toward others in their context, situation and challenges; pluralistic, open and understanding toward other people’s values, autonomy, and faiths demonstrates compassion and empathy; is courteous to others with respect for their situation, background, religion, gender and age
- Team Player: works collaboratively and flexibly to achieve outcomes and is keen to add value to the organisation’s culture and ethos
- Committed to the values and ethos of the organisation with a passion for the cause of the charity
- Able to undertake some occasional work in the evenings and at weekends
- Able to travel in the UK if required
- Own professional indemnity insurance cover for £1,000,000 (copied required)
Fit4Life CIC values having a diverse workforce. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds.
Please send a CV and covering letter (no more than 2 pages of A4) setting out your interest in and suitability for the role and highlighting why you'd like to work for the charity.
The closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 28th September 2020. Successfully shortlisted candidates will be notified no later than Friday 2nd October 2020. Interviews will be arranged with successful candidates for either Thursday 8th or Friday 9th October 2020 and will take place via video call with the aim to start work Monday 19th October 2020 (depending on DBS clearance checks).
Please note we will only consider applications with both a CV and covering letter and applications will only be accepted from those with the right to work in the UK with a valid passport/visa.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered under any circumstances.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.