Location: Home Based with travel
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Closing Date: Thursday 21st October 2021
The Marketing and Communications team at FitzRoy is a small, friendly, enthusiastic function responsible for managing all external communications and content, defining and controlling messaging, ensuring consistent brand management, and creating internal communications to support and engage with more than 1000 staff across our 90 services, including care homes, supported living, and day services as well as our friendship and dating project Love4Life.
The Communications Manager will optimise our use of social media channels, generating PR, video and website content, creating engaging copy for all our internal and external audiences and managing the website. With line management responsibility for the Content Development Officer, you will be responsible for bringing the story of FitzRoy and the people we support to life across a range of channels, as well as develop and deliver integrated campaigns.
We are looking for:
- An excellent writer with the ability to spot a story and write for a wide range of audiences
- A digital whizz – writing content for digital channels and using data to test and improve
- Experience of delivering successful, integrated appeals and campaigns through a range of marketing channels including paid social media
- At least two years’ experience of working in a not-for-profit marketing and communications environment
- Experience of web publishing and content management systems
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Ad Words and SEO
- Skilled at building effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- A Driver, who is willing to travel out to our services regularly (a minimum 4 times per month), and to our head office in Hampshire once a month. The rest of the role will be home-based.
Our Head Office is in Petersfield, Hampshire, but we particularly encourage applicants from areas in the Midlands, Nottingham or Manchester area where we have a large presence. This role will offer a flexible employment opportunity for the right candidate - a mix of working from home using Microsoft Teams, with visiting our services. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to services at least 4 times per month and attend head office once a month.
This is an exciting time to be joining the FitzRoy communications team – we are just coming out of 18 months of crisis, dealing with the devastating impact of coronavirus, where we have strengthened our internal communications channels and built closer relationships across the organisation, and now we are looking towards 2022 where we will be celebrating our 60th anniversary. There are lots of opportunities ahead.
Our vaccination requirements
Please note that this is a role where you will come into regular contact with vulnerable adults. As a regulated care provider we require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to undertake this role. We will ask for evidence of your vaccination record if you are offered a role with us.
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays – increasing with service
Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
Paid DBS and Update Service
Enhanced overtime payments
Loyalty awards and life assurance
Perkbox shopping discounts
Equal opportunities statement
FitzRoy is an equal opportunities employer and we participate in the disability confident scheme. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on any grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We anticipate a large volume of interest in this post, and reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we find the right candidate.
No agencies please