The Florence Nightingale Foundation is looking for a Director of Income Generation to join our innovative team.
Job Title: Director of Income Generation
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Communications & Marketing Manager – to be appointed
- Communications & Marketing Assistant – in post
- Trusts and Grant Bid Writer – to be appointed
Location: London with home working
Salary: £60,000-65,000 PA (based on experience).
Pension: National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
Term: Permanent after satisfactory 6-month probation period
As part of the Florence Nightingale Foundation Executive team this role has a key part to play in supporting the charity to achieve ambitious growth to meet its strategic objectives by ensuring targets are developed and met for income generation.
The Director of Income Generation will contribute to the organisation’s strategy, goals, and plans, as well as drive both evolutionary and transformational change. Developing, implementing, and monitoring the income generation strategy will be critical. The post holder will provide a creative and dynamic external focus to identify and develop a range of income generation initiatives beyond the scope of existing fundraising activity. Building and utilising networks, developing long term relationships with high-net-worth individuals, and forging new business opportunities will be integral to the role. The role will be accountable for the span of income generation within the charity and will ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach across the range of stakeholders. It will provide leadership around income generation, making sure this is located within the strategic framework and day to day thinking of the Foundation.
Leading by example the post holder will ensure an excellent donor experience and oversee the co-ordination of donor development plans across all elements of Income Generation.
- Chief Executive
- Chairman of Trustees and the Board
- Executive Team
- Communications and Marketing Team
- Grants and Trusts Bid Writer
- National and international networks which benefit the Foundation, its work and reputation
Fundraising, Grants and Trusts, Marketing and Communications.
- Working with the team, ensure a robust strategy is in place which delivers against the budget, providing stretching but achievable targets.
- Ensure all activities are aligned to the overall strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Ensure all supporters have a clear stewardship plan which maximises their engagement with FNF.
Ensure a robust programme of Grant and Trusts submissions and reporting, to show growth in the income generated from these sources.
- Serve as a fully active member of the FNF Executive Team, supporting the CEO in delivering the organisational strategic objectives.
- Lead and deliver the Income Generation Strategy for the Foundation, managing expenditure and ensuring sustainability of services.
- Increase understanding and awareness across FNF regarding income generating activities, encouraging all staff and supporters to make an active contribution towards income generation and promotion of the Foundation
- Produce reports, investment proposals, presentations, and associated documents for internal and external audiences, including Trustees.
- Manage external stakeholders, attend events and give presentations to drive awareness and support for the Foundation.
- Oversee the use of the CRM to record donors to ensure compliance and efficient usage
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a manner which meets statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures relevant to income generation teams.
- Ensure FNF commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded in all areas of responsibility.
- Act as a champion for equality, diversity and inclusion, challenging poor or inappropriate practice in all areas of FNF delivery of service. This is not restricted to the income generation team.
- Provide strategic leadership to drive innovation across the Foundation exploring new income streams with the aim of securing long term sustainability of income, testing new concepts, and assessing commercial viability.
- Working as part of the Executive Team, develop, maintain, monitor, and report on financial performance, budgets and forecasts and KPIs.
- Encourage teams to embrace business intelligence and feedback to drive improvements.
- Ensure all risks are identified, communicated, and managed.
- Ensure all income generation activities are fully integrated across the Foundation, recognising the importance of inter-departmental relationships.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
Education / Qualifications
- Post-graduate level academic or professional management qualification or evidence of equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing personal and professional development
Knowledge / Experience
- Extensive proven Senior Management experience ina commercial or charity environment at multi-million-pound level
- Proven ability to generate significant income in two or more of the following areas – major donors, lottery, trusts, individual giving, community, corporate, marketing.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop high performing teams.
- Evidence of strategic development
- Senior experience of managing budgets
- Experience of producing reports and persuasive investment cases or bids.
- Evidence of building strong internal and external relationships.
Skills / personal attributes
- Excellent communicator.
- Excellent networker.
- Team player, willing to support wider Foundation operational requirements.
- Committed to the work of the Foundation and driven to support service development.
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills.
- Able to be creative and identify income or business development opportunities.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle for work.
- Knowledge and experience of income generation in the charity sector
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.