Reports to: Director of the Florence Nightingale Foundation Academy
Hours: 35 hours per week (Full time)
Contract: Fixed term or secondment. 1st February 2022 – 31st March 2023
Location: London with home working
Salary: £24,639 - £36,959 per annum
Pension: National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
FNF is looking for a Research and Policy Assistant to join our innovative team. The FNF Academy is establishing it’s reputation as a provider of independent thought leadership which influences policy. We are currently undertaking a number of funded National projects which explore areas which relate to the nursing and midwifery workforce. You would join a growing team of Research and Policy Assistants who are undertaking the data collection, analysis and report writing to facilitate the delivery of these projects. The role therefore requires an individual who is interested in working across a variety of projects, using a range of data collect techniques with a motivation to have significant and rapid impact on workforce related policy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To deliver defined research/ policy projects under supervision
- Implement ethical processes to the collection and storage of data
- To undertake a literature review to inform the design and focus of the research/ policy project
- To collect and analyse data using a range qualitative/quantitative methods and interpretation frameworks
- To deliver a range of outputs from the project including a report for the commissioner and a peer review publication under supervision.
- To support the communication and dissemination of the outcomes of the project in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Contribute to the wider endeavor to demonstrate the impact of the Florence Nightingale Foundation
All the below are essential however the post holder will also be supported to further develop these skills and knowledge:
- Experience in undertaking research, audit or measuring improvement
- Qualification in research methods
- Track record of writing for peer review publication and/or report writing
- Experience of project management
- Independently carrying out one's work in accordance with professional standards of one's profession.
- Developing oneself in one's professional field. Having a thorough knowledge of one's field.
- handles tools and materials with care
- keeps to rules and procedures. For example in respect of safety
- works efficiently, carefully and cleanly
- works according to `the book`
- knows what to do and how to do it
- The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- understands instructions readily and is able to perform them
- asks many questions on technical and functional matters
- recognizes his/her mistakes and attempts to correct or prevent them
- is able to put learnt theory into practice
- gains information from conversations that is useful for his/her routine
- uses acquired knowledge practically
- The ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
- reviews problems by asking directed questions and using various relevant information sources
- distinguishes facts from opinions and assumptions
- investigates the cause of a problem
- sees causes and effects readily
- The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- sees connections between seemingly unconnected aspects
- looks beyond obvious solutions
- offers suggestions for original products, methods, approaches
- experiments with new methods and opportunities
- looks for better alternatives
Attention To Detail
- The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- handles details meticulously and makes very few mistakes
- follows instructions carefully and flawlessly
- checks his/her own work and focuses on details
- stays critical in routine tasks and keeps an eye on his/her own performance
- is able to work with numbers for a long time on end
Focus on Quality
- Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- adheres to prescribed quality standards
- checks regularly whether his/her own work meets prescribed quality standards
- asks regularly for feedback regarding quality
- corrects mistakes as they become evident
- takes direct action in order to ensure his/her own quality of work
- The ability to control the progress of employees’ processes, tasks, or activities and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
- provides clear deadlines
- checks progress regularly
- uses his/her planner effectively, sets deadlines for him/herself
- makes appointments with employees in order to provide feedback on their performance
- notices and minimizes work slowdowns
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.