Focused Living is an exciting company based in Enfield that provides an accommodated support service to vulnerable homeless adults in the community.
We have a vision to empower our clients to transition into resilient, purposeful, and independent individuals.
At Focused Living, we provide a friendly and supportive environment for our colleagues. We are all passionate about delivering high quality support to make a real difference to people’s lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated, client focused support coordinator who can work well within a team and under pressure. Your empathy, interpersonal skills and passion are vital attributes to be able to work well within this position.
- Provide floating support to vulnerable homeless individuals who have identified needs.
- Support our service users to develop the necessary practical and social skills to live independently.
- You will together with the service user develop a comprehensive and personalised support plan that will highlight their needs and include an action plan to aid them in achieving goals that they have agreed.
- You are expected to highlight further needs if they arise whilst the service user is accommodated within the service.
- Ensure that a risk assessment has been completed and that you have all the information necessary to support the individual appropriately
- Ensure that the service user is engaging with relevant community services to aid in their recovery and progression
- You will hold regular key work sessions, house meetings and workshops.
Successful candidates will,
- Be able to bring knowledge, experience, and skills in empowering and supporting a diverse group of clients.
- Be an excellent team worker; working together as one to achieve our vision.
- Possess a genuine passion in making a real difference in people’s lives.
- Full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle
- 3+ years’ experience supporting vulnerable adults
- Have knowledge or experience of social care practices
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate with service users appropriately
- To have an empathetic and understanding nature
- Have a good understanding of equality and diversity guidelines
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and be able to apply this to your role
- Able to follow good working practices and procedures.
- Have at least a level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Have knowledge and understanding of writing Support Plans and Risk Assessments
- On occasion your tasks may require you to work outside of your normal hours of work.
- For this post, an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Colleague recognition programme
- Employee Assistance Program, offering counselling and support to you and your family 24/7
- Active investment in training to ensure you can continue to develop and demonstrate your competence in specific key areas
- Increased overtime pay
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Job progression opportunities
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.