The successful applicant will be responsible for developing ESF Funded "progress to work" opportunities, mentorships and relevant accreditations for those who have experienced (or are at risk of) homelessness and need this sort of opportunity to re/enter the workforce.
Foodinate is a multi award winning social enterprise tackling food poverty and homelessness in local communities.
We are in a unique bridging position between homeless organisations, local charities and the catering industry. We have created this Project Development post to exploit this symbiotic relationship to build on a successful trial where those who have experienced (or are at risk of) homelessness were given an opportunity to experience working life in a commercial kitchen.
The successful applicant for the post will be working closely with our charity partners and our catering industry partners to ensure all sides are able to work together to develop this into a recognised mentored training programme, which will show step by step progression and include opportunity to gain accredited qualifications and or/lead to work for participants.
Duties may evolve but are likely to include:
- organising and holding focus groups with our charity partners and our catering industry partners
- ensuring Health and Safety, Adult Safeguarding and equal opportunities policies will be adhered to
- drawing up step by step supported training programmes which can be later tailored according to the needs of the participant and the establishment where training is taking place.
- Creating an Individual Learning Plan for each participant and including accredited sections and work experience
- Work with charity partners to identify and enrol those of their beneficiaries who wish to try the project
- create and keep records which the show progress for each participant and will include base measures of skills, qualifications, confidence, self esteem, time management to be kept secure
- to accompany groups to site visits
- maintain relationships with catering and charity partners
- develop and execute effective appropriate communication strategy, creating promotional materials, press releases, maintain the Foodinate social media accounts
- to actively represent Foodinate at meetings and events. At times to assist in the delivery of presentations at conferences/events etc
- to have an awareness of any fundraising streams in the local area, be involved in fundraising events and complete applications for funding
- undertake personal development training as required
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Experience working within funding guidelines
- Project Management
- Fundraising (grants and bids)
- Experience working within ESF guidelines
- Experience working within the homeless sector
- Creating training and learning plans
The post is offered on a 12month fixed term contract, 4 days per week.
There is a possibility of extension to 24 - 36 months subject to funding.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.