FBB is one of the leading educational charities and youth brands in the UK. Established in 2014, we have undergone impressive growth in the past couple of years and are now at an exciting stage of our journey. We support young people who are passionate about football but disengaged at school, in order to help them finish school with the skills and grades to make a successful transition into adulthood. We do this by providing long-term, intensive support, built around relationships and young people’s passions, in the classroom and beyond.
We are an asset-based organisation with a view that all our support must build from a young person’s strengths and passions. We are commissioned by schools to support students who are at risk of exclusion to re-engage with learning and develop positive relationships with peers and adults. We currently work with 1,500 students who are 12 to 16 years old across 99 school programmes in Greater Manchester, London, Kent and Essex. Alongside this, we have built strong partnerships with a host of reputable brands including Nike, Gillette, the
English FA, and Salesforce.
FBB is looking for a talented individual to help manage and grow these partnerships, to drive forward our ambitious plans to become the leading specialist charity for disengaged young people across the UK. We are looking for a Partnerships Manager with relationships management experience who represents the diversity of our local community. The successful candidate will manage relationships with our existing partners and look
to expand our networks further. Though experience of charitable fundraising is helpful, it is by no means essential. We are looking for someone with a track record of building successful long-term relationships, regardless of which sector you have previously worked in.
● Deliver and grow a portfolio of FBB’s corporate partnerships to generate income
● Build and maintain new partnership opportunities, using new business tools and
processes to maximise long and short-term income generation for the charity.
● Ensure delivery plans, KPIs and agreements are in place for all partnerships.
● Deliver planned partnership activations, communication and reporting in a timely
and professional fashion, always aiming to exceed expectations and targets.
● Liaise regularly with relevant internal teams to ensure partnership objectives are
achieved e.g. Programmes and Finance Departments.
● Represent FBB at partner meetings, presentations and events.
● Ensure cultivation plans are in place and executed for all partnerships, with the
view of extending length, remit and value.
● Provide excellent stewardship to each corporate contact, giving them a first-class
experience of FBB.
● Work with colleagues across the organisation to leverage FBB assets and build
strong and creative partnership proposals to target CSR teams and Marketing
● Ensure income and activity is recorded according to FBB’s policy and
● Ensure all partnership activities comply with Fundraising Regulator guidelines,
GDPR, VAT and other legal requirements. Contribute to the wider Account
Management and Corporate Partnerships strategies, including taking on
management of special projects as and when required.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
● Experience building relationships with
an extensive network of partners
● A commitment to generating
opportunities that improve the lives of
young people, including non
income-generating benefits such as
advocacy, volunteering and
● Excellent interpersonal and
● Commitment to FBB’s Values
● Experience of working to targets
● Effective processes for managing a
caseload of donors
● Written competencies
● Knowledge of professional fundraising
(Major Gifts, Legacy Giving and
● An interest in football
● Experience with a CRM and/or data to
effectively manage donors (especially
Please submit a covering letter on the following 3 areas:
1. Why are you passionate about supporting young people to achieve their goals both at school and in wider life?
2. Why do you want to do this job and work for FBB?
3. How do your skills and experience relate to the role advertised?
Please also submit a CV that includes:
● Personal details including current address, contact details and N.I number.
● Education and Training history including details of all qualifications.
● Details of 2 referees, including your current employer.
● A description of your employment history, including reasons for leaving a post and explanations for any employment gaps.
FBB is committed to adopting a safe recruitment process and follows the NSPCC safer
recruitment procedures that have safeguarding at their heart and aim to discourage
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with all of FBB policies, in
● Equality and Diversity
● Health and Safety
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Shortlisting, interviews and reference checking
Only those applicants who meet the right criteria will be taken through to the interview
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. References from the previous and current
employer may be taken up for shortlisted candidates. Please let us know about the
sensitivity of taking up references prior to an interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.