The For Baby’s Sake Trust is recruiting to two separate part-time Programme Officer posts to support two of its For Baby’s Sake teams, the recently launched CONNECT team and the established London Bi-borough team. Both teams deliver the charity’s innovative programme, For Baby’s Sake, which works with parents to break cycles of domestic abuse and give their baby the best start in life. The post supporting the CONNECT team will be home-based with occasional travel required to London or Stevenage to meet the service needs. The post supporting the London Bi-Borough team is office-based but offers a hybrid model of working flexibly from home and the office base.
The separate roles are responsible for developing and maintaining the teams’ administration and case management systems, and play a pivotal role in the collection, input, collation, analysis, and presentation of data. For Baby’s Sake is evidence-based and the quality and analysis of data is central to case management and the delivery, development and evaluation of the programme.
Each post-holder will be required to work with multi-agency staff, either in the Bi-borough area of central west London (Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea) or in localities where For Baby’s Sake CONNECT is operating. Both will also be required to work remotely with The For Baby’s Sake Trust staff at its central office as well as working with any of our other area-based teams as the need arises and if there is capacity in the role.
As a Programme Officer, you will have:
- Excellent communication skills in all formats, demonstrating tact, fluency, clarity and the ability to summarise and convey complex information
- A passion for data and excellent data handling and IT skills, and advanced Excel skills in particular, to play a pivotal role in the collation, storage, analysis and presentation of data related to For Baby’s Sake and its service users
- Organisational flair and discipline, ability to work on own initiative whilst also being a team player
- The initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and resilience necessary to work in a changing environment
- Willingness to embrace work challenges with the intention of delivering success, by utilising time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively to meet timescales
For Baby’s Sake is an innovative, therapeutic, trauma-informed programme working with all family members supporting a recovery framework to overcome the devastating effects of domestic abuse, acknowledge and explore unresolved and often complex childhood trauma and change harmful patterns of behaviour to develop a home environment where children can flourish.
There must be a current pregnancy to harness change motivations, a desire on behalf of both parents to co- parent their unborn baby, although they do not have to be in a relationship, and we work with the families up until the baby reaches the age of 2.
Both positions are for 18.5 hours per week on a permanent contract. A secondment from Westminster City Council or the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea is encouraged for the post based within the London Bi-Borough For Baby’s Sake team.
Full details, including the job description, person specification and background briefing information can be found in the relevant attachments.
Please also complete and submit the equal opportunities monitoring form – this is confidential and voluntary and will not form part of the selection process.
Closing date: 11th February 2022.
Interview date: To be advised.