We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative Major Gifts Manager. You will be part of a Fundraising team of three who are responsible for funding from individual philanthropists, foundations and corporate donors to cover our annual operating costs (to cover budgets of over $5m each year).
This role is ideal if you have experience in a fundraising team in a startup environment, your flexibility and eagerness to contribute wherever you can deliver the most value will see you thrive. You will build on your experience as a front-line fundraiser and develop your relationship-building skills as you introduce some of the world’s most influential philanthropists to the important work that Founders Pledge does.
We're excited to meet you if you demonstrate:
- Experience as a front-line fundraiser, in particular working with major gifts and/or HNWIs
- A proven record of meeting and exceeding fundraising goals, or supporting a team of front-line fundraisers to secure major gifts
- Expertise in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship best practices for HNWIs, ideally with familiarity of corporate and foundation best practices
- High emotional intelligence, a background in relationship management, and strong intuition for people strategy
- A high level of discretion and comfort working with confidential, sensitive information
- A proactive, detail-oriented approach, inspiring trust in colleagues, and adept at managing up
- Comfort working in databases, with complex financials, and spreadsheets to enable effective work - familiarity with Salesforce would be a bonus
- A passion for maximising impact by enabling high-value donations to high-impact charities and interventions
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Reporting to our Development Director, you will:
Deliver against a portfolio of donors and potential donors
Serve as an ambassador for the work that Founders Pledge does with donors across Europe
Build and maintain trusted and meaningful relationships with donors, to hold a portfolio of prospects for gifts <$100k annually;
Collaborate in the development and active progression of our global donor pipeline from target identification through to cultivation, solicitation and ongoing stewardship
Prepare proposals and donor reporting
Assist with the UK/Europe portfolio of our CEO and Leadership team
Be on hand to support our CEO around his meetings with high-profile donors and prospects
Help position our CEO for success with powerful proposals, accurate data, proactive outreach, and excellent reporting
Cross-functional support across the org
Contribute to external communications and programmatic activities in service of fundraising goals; including partnering on appropriate programs/events, highlighting donors in blogs or podcasts, inputting to community newsletters
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.